Scheduled Power Outage... What To Do?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Appreciate that
rolleyes.gif
Not meaning to steal the OP's thread...... but I am planning to upgrade to 75gal and will decide then if I keep the rock and add to it or replace it with more geographically correct rock.

Thanks,
Steve
if they were wild caught they might notice the difference. but tank raised fish will appreciate the caves all the same lol but if you can afford it, by all means change the rocks if it makes you feel better about your tank :)

Just thought about keeping them in appropriate setting. Pretty sure they were not wild caught so I agree. I have already spent quite a bit on the rock in there. I will most likely just add to what's there because of cost.

Thanks,
Steve

Cool thanks guys I was really worried haha. I won't be home during the outage as I have work. I'll try to perform a water change a few days before and feeding will stop a few days before as well. Lets see how we go haha.

"6-8" hours typically only means a few hours, but it sometimes means all weekend.

Depending on your aquarium's size and power consumption, you can hook up its vital components to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to squeeze out an extra hour or so.

If you're concerned about a temperature drop, set your house's thermostat to 80 the night before or day of.

If you get home with the power still out, you can use a DC-to-AC auto power inverter to run the aquarium off your car. Just be sure and NOT WALK AWAY from it. (Some of these things can overheat and catch fire. Treat it like you would a portable space heater.)

Most reactions

Back