Same Tank New Rock Formation

well a new year and a new hitchiker just looked into tank this morning and found a small sea slug or nudibranch its about 10mm long is white with black or brown stripes down its back,yellow round the edges can't believe still finding new stuff after all this time :drool: :drool:

lol wow just shows how weird and wonderful live rock is. It might of come as an egg or something and only just got to noticable size or is just a real good hider. Also yesterday i saw my first snail hitchikwer and it was like the size of a grain of sugar. definately was a snail though coz it had a 'foot'

hi all update for you unfortunatly my angel decided he got a taste for my button polyps :shout:
so had top take the polyps back to my LFS anyway swapped my button polyps for a mushroom/ leather coral had bit of move round in tank anyway here is pic for you :rolleyes:

mytanks004.jpg

tank is looking as great as ever and shame about the angel but glad you returned the polyps not the fish coz its dam beatiuful

at last i've plucked up the courage to remove the last bit of sponge from my fluval external and replaced my carbon media so i'm just using my filter with rowaphos, poly filter, carbon and a bit of live rock rubble

what could i put in to replace the sponge more LR i guess

all is well at moment getting a pulse coral this weekend can't wait :hyper: :hyper:

xenia coral now in tank looking good pulsing away :drool: :drool:
replaced the sponge in external for seachem nitrate remover in bag nitrates normally around 10ppm hoping to get them down to 5ppm or lower :unsure: :unsure:

pic of xenia sorry about quality
pulsecoral002.jpg

just caught my angel being cleaned by my cleaner shrimp is this normal ? or could he have a parisite he goes to the shrimp and almost asks for clean up :unsure: :unsure:

yes thats totally normal :good: At my not so LFS they have 2 cleaner shrimps in every tank just for that purpose. they are usally picking stuff of tangs, angels, and other fish

Yup, its called "posing" behavior and most saltwater fish exhibit it near cleaner shrimp and other similar cleaning organisms. Doesnt necessarily mean its got a parasite, could just have a dead scale or even just wants a little scratch :lol:

cheers for replys guys :good:
it's very cool to watch the shrimp sits on a rock the fish swims along side invites him on to him even opens its gill then the shrimp gives him a brush up then he drops him back on rock swims round and lets him do the other side the same

Most reactions

Back