Saintlys Iwagumi Journal. Part 2

i know, started in the wrong forum initialy, then changed, then started another bla bla bla.... im not so good with these forum thingys! :S

btw thanks for the encouraging comments arronorth, means alot. :good:

the plants have been ordered through richard at aqua esentials.they came in today from tropica and he's sent them straight out.
it's looking like a busy day tomorrow planting. so i have now

15 glosso

8 Eleocharis "parvula"

10 x V.nana

2 x Cyperus helferi from (maiden head)

Wow - Just Wow.
Amazing Just what i am giong to try and do with my my new scape.

Just out of curiosity, where do you live, as that looks exactly like a house i rent out.

ok, after a few hours i've finally planted.

ive chosen to plant the glosso the way tropica recomend. cut into 1/8 etc... i just couldnt bring myself to cut 15 pots into indavidual plantlets :blink:

i've done the same in my nano, and it took ok.

there maybe a few changes over the next few days. i also want some vivipara.

i've used my wifes camera (left my 5d at work) so image quality aint so good. better pics next week.

bare in mind im still new to this so go easy on my plant layout.

planted.jpg

thanks

mark

Not too shabby! What fish are going in? Looking forward to seeing it grow out a bit :)

thanks sj,

. in all honesty i havnt thought about it, but probably cardinal tetras.

im now going to let the water parameters settle down. as with my nano aqua soil strips your kh and ph! which for me is good because there both hi anyway.

co2 running lights for 6 hours p/d to begin with. no ferts for some time. let the soil do the work.

I love the val around the rocks. Val is my fav... :drool:
It is going to be very nice once it gets going and fills in some.

What kind of rocks are those? Where did you find them?

thanks everyone.

the rocks are actually slate. i bought them from a aquatic store near to milton keynes, the name escapes me.

yeh the vals seem to fill it out nicely. i saw one amano tank that was similar and thought it looked great. not like the opened spaced iwagumi style.

if i follow all the rules that stuck to with my nano/cube it should go to plan. thats been up and running for 5 weeks. (a bit like a test) great growth and no algae! and no ferts as of yet! i think the plants get a good head start from tropica though.

it seems aqau soil and powersoil really do what they say they do.

looks like its going to be a great tank, but im afraid the rocks dissapoint me, i really loved your last placement with all the rocks facing towards the same direction, really reminded me of some of the rock formations on the falkland islands, the second one looks a tad 'busy' for my liking, and your eyes are definately drawn too much to the rocks on the left.

Most reactions

Back