Rye's 125L Tank

:lol:

Might be better of getting the lights online?

Will be interesting to see how you get on with the c02. I'm a bit hesitant of doing it so you can test it and if it works i'll copy you :p

this CO2 thing is annoying the life out of me. Trying to get it working and its failing :( my boyfriend found it amusing.. i, on the other hand, do not

Managed to get a little bit of bubbles after adding loads more yeast. i hope it doesnt explode :(
accidently uprooted one of my crypts and now i want floating plants lol

So it's officially day 2 of CO2! I have a drop checker on its way in the post so i will update about that when it gets here (hoping it wont take 3 weeks :( )
I re-arranged some things in the tank yesterday, so that i can now let it grow out a bit and i won't feel inclined to move some things around and upset them later lol.
The anubias i mentioned in my previous journal had some more rot on it :rolleyes: Im hoping this new setup will keep it healthy. Im on the verge of giving up on it though. You can see the hole that was left after it disintegrated in my hand
2010_0701118tank0001.jpg

2010_0702car0003.jpg

had to leave the java fern on the rock in the corner to keep Jerry's house hid

This is the first time the dog has seen the new tank. He was shocked when he walked in to the room today haha! i think he likes it :)
39aa2fd8-3c94-4308-ba95-02b094427fb.jpg

lol he looks mystified :lol:

Should be great when you can fill all that empty space! The anubias looks like its doing well..maybe the old rhizome was cut in half and a bit of it rotted as it wasn't really needed by the plant you have now? I'm not sure :unsure:

Cherry barbs are great! And don't worry about fin nipping for the betta. I keep mine with angels and a betta among others and I don't have problems at all. They are such cute fish and their colour stands out great against the green of the plants.

somebody has been munching on my betta's tail but im not sure who it is and havent actually seen any fin nipping going on (i am wondering if its from the new bogwood as he tried to swim inside it yesterday and got stuck :rolleyes: think i need to buy a coconut cave)

Day 5 of CO2 :) Plants are looking well. I've been taking photo's once a day at lights on and comparing from the day before. Will update soon. The Crypt Wendtii is looking a lot less anaemic and happy, and the hydrocotyl is not any more yellow (could even be more green!) than it was when i first planted it :)
Think i have a fish disease in my tank though :/ Stupid neon's!

I have also figured that my tank is 25 UK Gallons and 31 US Gallons. Whats with the difference?! stupid volume measurements :lol: (you can see how my day is going, right?). 31 makes me feel better than the 25, but i have no idea which to use on the forum! :crazy:

US Gallons make you sound like you're getting more for your money lol.

I would suggest making a shoal out of those corys, rather than having one bronze and one albino. 4 is a minimum really for those.

Other than that have faith in your plants!

Yeah i know about the Cory thing. The albino was the only one they had otherwise id have gotten another bronze. Ill be getting three more in a few months :) I figured two corys was better than one for the time being ;) The corys are loved at my house, so a few more will go down well :lol: (i believe my boyfriend named the albino one Terrence :blink: )

Really quick update :D
2010_0706NTD0005.jpg

I probably shouldnt, but i just hacked an inch off the spray bar so i could place it on the left side of the tank for what i believe to be better circulation. Its also distributing the CO2 better

Things doing well:

2010_0706NTD0009.jpg

:D

2010_0706NTD0008.jpg

Not doing so well:
think i am about to have some majour crypt melt
2010_0706NTD0010.jpg

baaaad anubias
2010_0706NTD0006.jpg

ETA: pricing up some black/blue plain background that will cover the back AND the left side of the tank that are against the walls

your c02 deffuser needs to be closer to the substrate, its coming on though! :good:

ps i9 haven't forgotten :look:

Tank looks great!

For a background I just use those big sheets of black or blue card from a stationery shop :good: cheap too :shifty:

your c02 deffuser needs to be closer to the substrate, its coming on though! :good:

ps i9 haven't forgotten :look:

haha ive tried to get it closer to the substrate but it just stops producing bubbles :blink: no idea how to fix that, but ive been working on it. Anyone have any suggestions?

and dont worry!! :p

Which system are you using?

Most reactions

Back