Roma 240 pre-drilled fittings

Dibob

Reaction score
Hi,

So after a long hiatus from fishkeeping/aquascaping i've finally found the space and time to get back into things. Mainly because via a friend of a friend i was offered a Fluval Roma 240 tank and cabinet foc as said friend was moving abroad. All good it seemed, however when the tank, cabinet, filter and various odds and ends were kindly delivered the owner had decided to remove the factory fitted fittings from the pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the tank to avoid any damage while in transit. Whilst i understand why he did this, and i've happily re-fitted the parts, i've naturally got some concerns about the integrity of a critical part of the setup.

I've tightened the fittings as tight as i can by hand, being reluctant to use any tools for fear of damaging the glass, but i was wondering if anyone has any experience of having to re-fit these parts in any capacity? My next line of thought was to additionally seal the fittings with silicone to provide an extra level of sealant, however i'm very conscious about continuing on this journey if in all likelihood i'm going to face tank integrity issues now or further down the line.

Any advice massively appreciated!

If you post a photo someone might be able to make a suggestion.

Have you tried filling the tank up outside?

They should have a thin piece of rubber between the pvc and the glass. If it doesn't you can use glass silicon and glue it on.

Thanks, all the parts, rubber etc seems to be there and it seem pretty secure once I'd tightened it up by hand, picture attached
DSC_0255.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0256.JPG
    DSC_0256.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 67
It should be fine. If your really worried, run a bead of silicon around each one.

Don't use tools to tighten them up. Just do them up by hand as tight as possible, and silicon if necessary.

It should be fine. If your really worried, run a bead of silicon around each one.

Don't use tools to tighten them up. Just do them up by hand as tight as possible, and silicon if necessary.
Cheers, much appreciated, I might run a small bead as suggested!

I also have a Fluval Roma 240 litre tank and I've never had a problem with any leaks from the pre-drilled holes. I just hand tightened the fittings and that was it.

I also have a Fluval Roma 240 litre tank and I've never had a problem with any leaks from the pre-drilled holes. I just hand tightened the fittings and that was it.
Cheers, i guess it was just as i was looking through some of the manuals that came with it, and those fittings were described as "Factory fitted, do not unscrew, tighten or remove", so hence the slight concern!

Most reactions

Back