Rob's 3X2X2

Any news on the baby front?

Seffie x

not yet, we were rushed to hospital yesterday after she saw the midwife in the morining and had a few worrying syptoms, but after a load of scans/tests they declared that mother and baby are ok, and that it was just a 'blip'? what ever a blip is!!! lol.

babies head was well down on the scan so could be any day now.

Hi all,

Just to let you know, Jack was born at 12:39am on 10/1/10 weighing 7lb 4oz.
Mother and baby both doing well.
Waters breaking and first contraction to baby being borne took just 90 mins!

soooo glad we don't live further away from the hospital than we do!

Rob :D

Oh that is fantastic news, congratulations to you both :band: and jack is a great choice for a name, classic :-

No more sleep for you :dunno:

Seffie x

ps haven't you forgotten something :whistle:

as requested:

IMG_2188.jpg

Ah he is handsome, not at all wrinkly like they usually are :p well done for breeding such a stunner :fun:

Seffie x

Hi all,
thought it was about time i updated this thread a bit, (hasn't time flown by!)
been a bit hectic all thanks to this little guy:

002.jpg

anyways whats been happenning................well...........

after xmas i found time to plumb in the frag tank into the larder behind the tank:

001.jpg

the water flows from the main display down into the bottom of the frag tank, water rises in the tank and flows out and then down into the original sump under the main display. quite a bit of piping but by using gravity rather than extra pumps, theres no chance of flooding! have also added a tap for easy water changes.

in the main tank i've had a few shuffle rounds since getting it all going but am starting to be happy with it. The KR91 LED units really are great but due to the tank having 2ft width they just don't have the lateral spread of leds i need. if i was loaded i would just get another one, but am gonna make do with a 4x 39w T5 unit i got cheap. this should really boost the light and colour in the tank!

of the inhabitants, i lost alot of the stock in the house move and subsequent spikes, but the clowns, yellow gobies and bangaii cardinals all survived.
in fact they're all doing rather well. the clowns have gone hyper aggressive which can only mean spawning is immenent. the yellow gobies are back to spawning every month, and my bangaii male is currently carrying they're first brood. due to drop any day now!!!
have added to the stock with a hectors goby and a flasher wrasse.

anyways some pics. corals aren't fully out as i'd just moved some bits around but u get the idea.

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

011.jpg

will try and be around abit more now things have settled down a bit!

never seen your journal before

I love the tank the scaping looks really good

a naturak slice of reef :good:

after taking 2 hours to read your thread im hoping i can comment without sounding like a buffoon :rolleyes: .

to start, congrats on the baby.

and wow, that is a really good looking tank, it reminded me of the reef in finding nemo hehe.
love all the assortents of fish and corals and im praying that hopefully my 90 gal. build thread will be at least half as good as yours.

....wow.....

It was worth the read wasn't it Mojo :good:

That is one thing I miss on here, reading a whole journel all the way through for a couple of hours - maybe I should revisit some older ones woo hoo

Seffie x

Loving the frag tank mate, if i were you that would be made into a fish room as soon as the missus back was turned!

cheers for the kind comments.

yeah kinda had dreams of that being my fish room, but the missus has to have somewhere to keep her hoover etc....... :lol:

Most reactions

Back