Rip Bonnie The Pregnant Guppy

not all pregnancies are 30 days, some could last longer, so don't worry about it, it's normal. :)

i hope your bonnie gives birth soon!! ^^
my platy just had babies, and i'm so happy, just wait till your guppy has fry, it's worth the wait!! :D

I love having all the different fish grow up together. I had 5 different batches grow up together once.

Hi there

Just read through this thread (which took a while) lol.

Just thought I would let you know that I had almost the exact same situation happen.

We bought Fiona our blue guppy, probably the biggest guppy we have ever had, approx 6 weeks ago, she was obviously pregnant then! anyway she got bigger and bigger and bigger (I think you know what I mean here).

She was in a tank with other community fish, and we were starting to get a little concerned (my partner kept saying she's going to burst if she gets any bigger).

Anyway today, during a big move of all of our fish into their new much larger tank we noticed some fry, and Fiona looked like she was in a bit of a daze. More and more fry kept appearing, as we were netting the other fish and transferring them to bags to acclimatise them to the new tank. Eventually she was left alone in the tank, and has had in excess of 40 babies.

She is now in the big tank too. and the babies have a 20 gallon to themselves. The timing could not have been more perfect, as the big tank has just recently finished cycling (and was only planted up last night).

I think Bonnie & the babies will be fine, It seems that some guppies just pick their moment. :rolleyes:

Some good news there Christi. We can only hope that MewMew has a similar experience. Meanwhile, a typical guppy pregnancy is only about 28 to 35 days total depending on tank temperature. Chances are fairly good that the fish delivered fairly early in the time she was in the tank and we are waiting through the next pregnancy. A guppy female can look huge the day after a drop is she is being well fed.

Totally agree, in a community tank it is very possible for a guppy to deliver unnoticed. (even though we are constantly looking for signs).

Yea thats true. I didn'tthink about that. Can we see some updated pics?

new pictures

2yyc9c0.jpg

jpy61x.jpg

e0qrmw.jpg

her new friend
2v3ocp2.jpg

looks like bonnies friend may have recentley given birth :p

as for bonnie, maybe she wasn't pregnany when you got her. A gravid guppy can be very deceiving. My 3 week old babies have a gravid spot, but are not pregnant. She is obviousley pregnant now but from those pics, she isn't as prego as we thought she was.

UPDATED:

Wait..is that a birth cannal I see?? (first pic at her rear end..the little white bit??)

looks like bonnies friend may have recentley given birth :p

as for bonnie, maybe she wasn't pregnany when you got her. A gravid guppy can be very deceiving. My 3 week old babies have a gravid spot, but are not pregnant. She is obviousley pregnant now but from those pics, she isn't as prego as we thought she was.

UPDATED:

Wait..is that a birth cannal I see?? (first pic at her rear end..the little white bit??)

seems like everyone is giving birth beofre Bonnie!

shes had a wite sort of tube thing [its inside her] fo a while now....

Looks like in the last pic the orange fish on the right was squared off!

Most reactions

Back