Red Tail Cat

Thanks CFC, I`m not sure if ours were wild caught or not, perhaps that could be the reason like you say.
Hmm, you have the same bills as us then :huh: !!!!

That`s interesting about the cone growths, I think we will leave our arowana as he is, it doesn`t affect him at all, so it`s not worth risking his life, even a good vet isn`t that experienced in fish operations.

I look forward to your pictures, you can see our pictures on my photobucket link.
Oh, and the studies of the arowanas were done in tributaries and pools as far as I can remember, in areas which were not part of main rivers and more like big lakes. Never been to the Amazon either, hehe! But seen enough film to agree about the colour of the water.
Clare

Andy has a few pics of CFC's silver aro, and for your viewing pleasure they are below:

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0268-1.jpg

And because the others look so nice, here's one of the black:

DSC_0254.jpg

And a pic that doesn't do justice to the jardini, which gor my money has far better colour on the fins than I have ever seen in an asian:

DSC_0224.jpg

gabriel is very nice as are the others
its good to see those monster fish in the tank they deserve
btw what tank mates has gabriel eaten since you got him :D

I can honestly say Gabriel has never eaten another fish in his life! We were always careful with tank mates for him but brought him up with other fish from being tiny, so that was an advantage.

Nice pictures of CFC`s fish there, thanks for that.
Clare

Most reactions

Back