Random Discussion

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

A member on my computer help forum posted this and I found it a bit interesting. He lives in Edinburgh Scotland.

Is this really a sonar reading of the Loch Ness beastie? I don't know as I have no idea as to how to interpret sonar reading but, apparently, the imaging shows something 20-30 feet in length.

I don't believe or disbelieve in the critter but DO believe in the possibility and will continue to do so until it is proven otherwise. Do I think it is a left over dinosaur? Not really but there is more evidence that SOMETHING is there than evidence that there isn't. We probably know more about the moon than we do about deep waters.

A member on my computer help forum posted this and I found it a bit interesting. He lives in Edinburgh Scotland.

Is this really a sonar reading of the Loch Ness beastie? I don't know as I have no idea as to how to interpret sonar reading but, apparently, the imaging shows something 20-30 feet in length.

I don't believe or disbelieve in the critter but DO believe in the possibility and will continue to do so until it is proven otherwise. Do I think it is a left over dinosaur? Not really but there is more evidence that SOMETHING is there than evidence that there isn't. We probably know more about the moon than we do about deep waters.

We have explored 5% of the ocean. We discover 2200 new species every year.

My new leopard bushfish has some personality to him. He was very shy when I first got him but has slowly warmed up to me. Now he’s learned to come play in front of the glass with the other fish when I walk up, and follow me around. He has knowing-looking eyes like a dog lol.

Bush fish have some of the same appeal as many Cichlids. They seem really aware.

As for Nessie, Loch Ness isn't a very big lake. It's pretty, and the water is nicely tannin stained, but for it to support a few hundred large creatures (a breeding population) seems very unlikely to me. There are lakes around here that aren't as deep, but are large and barely support fish anymore.

It's fantastic for tourism in a beautiful region, but I don't think it's as likely as the Canadian House Hippo, or the Bahamian Sasquatch.

I was trying to think of something totally random to say in this thread of random discussions but alas I can't think of anything random right now. Pity we can't say something unrandom.

I think there's something very large living in Loch Ness. I doubt it's a plesiosaur, because those breathe air, and they'd get spotted. Whatever is down there, it has to be some sort of bottom feeder. My guess is that there are a few relict individuals of an otherwise extinct (or at least extirpated) species. There are species of large fish that are known to live several hundred years, so who knows what's lurking down there. If I had to bet, I think they're picking up a few gigantic, multi-hundred-year-old sturgeon.

Or maybe, hundreds of years ago, some misguided, medieval fish owner released a common pleco into the dark waters of the loch. The rest is history.

I was trying to think of something totally random to say in this thread of random discussions but alas I can't think of anything random right now. Pity we can't say something unrandom.
Since it's called a random discussion thread, I guess the most random thing one could do is stay strictly on topic.

Most reactions

Back