Random Discussion

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Holograms are pretty cool.
Oh I love Miku. ...But my favourite Vocaloid is Gachapoid actually lol. His voicebank didn't get a V4 (or V5 now I guess) update so he sounds a bit poor - being stuck on the V3 engine and all, but I love him. Here's a clip of a cover I made using his V3 voicebank a few months back. Very fun to do, but since he's a Japanese voicebank (doesn't support standard English phonetics) I have to use the JPN phonetics (e.g "ro" "to" "ku" and no "L" phonetic) to emulate an English sound.

Took about a day to do the entire cover and it does still need some work!

I don't think you're allowed to rule the world unless you're a convicted felon.
If @Colin_T rules the world there will be another plague because all the cats would be legal to eat...

20210121_124014.jpg

Nougat says "Just Say NO to Feline Fritters, Cat Catt-chitorre, Pussy Popovers, Kitty Sushi, etc...etc...etc.!."

Oh I love Miku. ...But my favourite Vocaloid is Gachapoid actually lol. His voicebank didn't get a V4 (or V5 now I guess) update so he sounds a bit poor - being stuck on the V3 engine and all, but I love him. Here's a clip of a cover I made using his V3 voicebank a few months back. Very fun to do, but since he's a Japanese voicebank (doesn't support standard English phonetics) I have to use the JPN phonetics (e.g "ro" "to" "ku" and no "L" phonetic) to emulate an English sound.

Took about a day to do the entire cover and it does still need some work!
Mhm, me too! Some of my favorite Hatsune Miku songs are World is Mine, Tell your World, Melt, Odds&Ends, Unknown Mother Goose, and Freely Tomorrow.

And your cover for Gachapoid isn't half bad. :)

Mhm, me too! Some of my favorite Hatsune Miku songs are World is Mine, Tell your World, Melt, Odds&Ends, Unknown Mother Goose, and Freely Tomorrow.

And your cover for Gachapoid isn't half bad. :)
Thank you! Unknown Mother Goose was really good. Haven't listened to a lot of Vocaloid stuff in a while lol, but I really like Hiiragi Kirai's work - he's very talented with how he tunes vFlower
This one's my favourite by him.

Thank you! Unknown Mother Goose was really good. Haven't listened to a lot of Vocaloid stuff in a while lol, but I really like Hiiragi Kirai's work - he's very talented with how he tunes vFlower
This one's my favourite by him.
Same. It's been a while since I listened to any of Miku's songs and this is the first time I'm listening to it. 😅

Same. It's been a while since I listened to any of Miku's songs and this is the first time I'm listening to it. 😅
Miku isn't an artist haha, she's a piece of software! World is Mine was by ryo, Tell Your World was by Kz I'm pretty sure, and Unknown Mother Goose was made by wowaka. You should check out more of wowaka's work if you liked Unknown Mother Goose though, he was an amazing producer - God rest his soul.

@PlasticGalaxy

"Owing to the source of the imagination, which is completely rotten to the core, those who survive today are anxious and worried about their 'morrow, 'cause they can be hollow and kind in that way." *

I'm wondering how good that translation is? Regardless I like it, along with the crazy
bouncy-ragtime-vaudeville-esque-carnival vibe.
💛

*(phrasing/punctuation mine).

Miku isn't an artist haha, she's a piece of software! World is Mine was by ryo, Tell Your World was by Kz I'm pretty sure, and Unknown Mother Goose was made by wowaka. You should check out more of wowaka's work if you liked Unknown Mother Goose though, he was an amazing producer - God rest his soul.
Listened to Rolling Girl for the very first time, and ngl, it sounds pretty good 👍

@PlasticGalaxy

"Owing to the source of the imagination, which is completely rotten to the core, those who survive today are anxious and worried about their 'morrow, 'cause they can be hollow and kind in that way." *

I'm wondering how good that translation is? Regardless I like it, along with the crazy
bouncy-ragtime-vaudeville-esque-carnival vibe.
💛

*(phrasing/punctuation mine).
His other songs, like Autophagy and Bottom have a similar sound to that, I used to know how to play the former on the piano but haven't played in a while! Love his work though, it's definitely different!
Listened to Rolling Girl for the very first time, and ngl, it sounds pretty good 👍
Isn't it great? Wowaka's work really was unique in a way that I haven't seen many other creators replicate.

Some of my favourite Vocaloid artists are Kikuo, MARETU, Neru and Hiiragi Kirai (as already mentioned lol). Lots of amazing artists who work with Vocaloid, like literally thousands. And the way they tune the voicebank they use (e.g Miku, flower, Rin, e.c.t.) is always unique to them as an artist. It's such a fantastic medium for synthesising music.

Most reactions

Back