ragged betta fins

In my experience they don't get their color back entirely, but they can get their health back.

In my experience they don't get their color back entirely, but they can get their health back.
ok thanks after 5 days of water changes, i read that aquarium salt can help ich. i saw a white dot on his body. i put 2 tablespoons of aquarium salt in 5 gallons last night. he does look better in that he is upright- not leaning on leaves or marbles. how long should the salt be in water?

Salt doesn't affect ich - marine fish live in salt water and they can get it. All salt does is help keep clean the hole left when the parasite drops off the fish.

Can you take a photo of the spot so we can see if it is ich or something else, please. Fish usually have more than one spot when they have ich, and the spots look like grains of salt stuck on the fish.

Salt is a mild antiseptic which can help with many other diseases. It should be left in the water for these diseases for 2 weeks. Certainly no longer than 4 weeks with soft water fish or they risk kidney damage.

Most reactions

Back