Fin rot salt treatment procedure

Don't move him during treatment. If he has damage, catching him in a net can cause more damage and open up wounds. Chasing him around when he's sick isn't good for him either. Just leave him where he is and treat his tank. If it's not better in a week, post an update and include pictures. You could add a picture now so we have something to compare to in a week.

Don't move him during treatment. If he has damage, catching him in a net can cause more damage and open up wounds. Chasing him around when he's sick isn't good for him either. Just leave him where he is and treat his tank. If it's not better in a week, post an update and include pictures. You could add a picture now so we have something to compare to in a week.
Yes I keep forgetting about the picture, started a new job this week and am all over the place with routine. Will try and grab a pic of him later tonight or tomorrow morning.

This was the best picture I could get of the fin rot and one of his overall body so you can see the other fins aren't affected. I'm really bad at getting pics of him, even using food.

Attachments

• 20241003_184214.jpg
    20241003_184214.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241003_184247.jpg
    20241003_184247.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 1
How long have you had him for?
How long has he had the curved back?

It doesn't look like fin rot. Fin rot is where the fins start to split and fray and dissolve away from the fin rays.

How long have you had him for?
How long has he had the curved back?

It doesn't look like fin rot. Fin rot is where the fins start to split and fray and dissolve away from the fin rays.
I've had him for almost a year, he was reported to be about a year old when I got him.

He doesn't have a curved spine, I just caught him as he was turning around, I've attached another shot of him taken a few weeks ago before the issue started to confirm. It's my fault, I was dropping food at the surface to try and get a better picture of him! There's definitely a hole in his fin that wasn't there before, and there's nothing in his tank that he could've got stuck on.

Is there something else it could be if it isn't fin rot?

Attachments

• 20240814_091135.jpg
    20240814_091135.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 0

Most reactions

Back