Fin rot salt treatment procedure

Saw him for the first time since this morning just now, tried to feed him but unfortunately as soon as he sees me he goes back to his hiding place. I've done the third dose of medication and left a couple of pellets in there just in case he comes back out.

Don't leave food in the water for more than 30 minutes or it will cause ammonia problems.
It's gone now so I think he grabbed it, it was only 3 small pellets.

I was going to ask whether I can do water changes during this treatment or do I need to wait until I've finished the 5 day course? The bottle doesn't say.

For most medications you can do a water change before adding more medication but some medications add a bit each day and build the levels up. If you are adding the same amount each time you treat the tank then it's fine to do a water change and gravel clean just before adding another dose of medication.

If you do a water change before re-dosing, do a big (75-90%) water change, and gravel clean all the substrate if possible.

Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

It's also a good idea to wipe the inside of the glass down before adding another dose of medication.

Most reactions

Back