Quick Question

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hi I have that in my big Mbuna tank because at the time I didnt have anyplace else to keep the shark. the problem though seems feeding time.
just because they dont fight doesnt mean they are compatible. PH and diet you should think about. and probably other stuff.
now there is no way I could get that thing out of there without tearing the whole tank apart.
hope the shark doesnt try hankypanky with some Cichlid in all those dark caves and all!! LOL

I'm sure I've seen this before in some photos that someone has posted, but is it alright to keep a Red Tailed Black Shark in a Malawi Cichlid tank.

Very risky, people have done it successfully but you are mixing very different aggressive fish and the RTBS will almost certainly come off worse.

So it can work then. So what if the tank was limited to just cichlids that werent very aggressive, I take it that their would be a greater chance of success. My main concern really was whether the conditions would be right. Could a RTBS handle being in a tank with just sand and rocks?

Plants are present in their natural habitat so not ideal but it would survive. The questions is do you want a surviving fish or a thriving one? :/

Most reactions

Back