Post Your Small Tanks Here

Great tanks so far, people. Nice to see what we can do with such little space. Love the soda can, FKNM, not my cup of tea, but very creative. Made me do a double take. Does he go in it?

My turn, time to add my two little nanos.

2.5g platy fry planted.
IMG_2120smaller.jpg

8g Dutch planted with adult platies.
IMG_2211smaller.jpg

llj :)

Some lovely tanks and well - since you asked:

My three 20 gal tanks, followed by two 10 gal and one 8 gal - taken a few months ago.

Rekord70.jpg

tank1b.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank3a.jpg

tank5a.jpg

tank6.jpg

Of course they all look completely different now - that's the way with planted tanks :crazy: . I moved the lily to one of the 20 gal tanks where it has shot to the surface and the amazon sword is about twice the size - so I've moved it to the back corner of the tank and taken some of the leaves off - but it'll need more drastic treatment (possibly the compost heap :grr: )!

I also have a plan to get one bigger tank (the pearl gouramis and the angelfish will need bigger tanks soon) - at which point I shall, of course :)hey:), stop using some of these smaller ones.

Gosh, you folks have just about the lushest looking, beautiful tanks EVER!

I just got my plants I ordered today. Here are a couple of pics of my sloppy work heh.
I'm hoping the plants will flourish nicely to fill it out alot more.. and I still need to get something to tie down the java fern heh...
Anywho.. this is embarassing to post after seeing so many lovely tanks.. but oh well!

Pic of the right side of the 10 gal... it will be housing a male betta.. hopefully on Monday :D
plantsred.jpg

The java ferns are just free floating at the moment on this side b/c there isn't as strong of a current.

And here is the left side of the 10gal which will house a female betta :) Yes there is 2 different color gravel in my tank! I like it and that's all that matters! :p
plantsblack.jpg

REALLY hope the dwarf sag grows fast and fills the bottom of the tank more. If I had known this was all they were gonna send me, I would've ordered more :p lol

I'm gonna be messing with the plants more tomorrow.. I mainly just wanted to get them into some warm water asap.

3 gallon Eclipse tank.

With biowheel filter. Yes you can all laugh now. BUT this is the best little tank, i have not had one death so far and it's been set up for 4 months. There's a small bubble wall in the back of it and I added some real plants yesterday so we'll see how that goes. I do a 30% water change every week. It's been quite a hit at the office. This luxurious tank houses:

1. Three cardinal tetras
2. Two fancy guppies

They all get along marvelously. The guppies are constantly rooting around the stones at the bottom. The cardinals just sort of float around making fun of the stupid guppies.

I've had such a good experience with this little tank at the office that i've decided to go NUTS and get a 10 gallon tank at home. I know.. crazzzyy eh?

tankoffice.jpg

teenytank.jpg

The top tank made it into Practical fish keeping ( full page photo ) and was entered into the AGA aquascaping contest 2006.
The bottom is this years.
The tank is only 8 liters and is an high tech nature aquarium set-up.

The top tank made it into Practical fish keeping ( full page photo ) and was entered into the AGA aquascaping contest 2006.
The bottom is this years.
The tank is only 8 liters and is an high tech nature aquarium set-up.

They're beautiful :wub: Are there any fish in there?

Heres my 7 gallon
Image063-1.jpg

Image064.jpg

Image065.jpg

PFK Nano (work in progress)

Image066.jpg

Image067-1.jpg

ps Nice tanks majjie, havent seen them before and thanks again for the frogbit its growing nicely.

you guys and your planted tanks! you make me feel like a bad fish keeper :(

anyway, here's my little 70L (~15Gal)

IMG_1120.jpg

and here's my girlfriends, same size:

DSCN1243.jpg

3 gallon Eclipse tank.
I love the background on your tank Brette. I sort of skimmed over it the first time because I was too busy drooling over Moody's little beauties :drool:

ps Nice tanks majjie, havent seen them before and thanks again for the frogbit its growing nicely.
Thanks Mikster (and I'm glad the frogbit is doing well - it's a lovely little plant). I've often put the odd picture of a tank in one of my threads - but this is the first time I've put all six together. I haven't ventured into the piccy forum very often before. Now I'm here I can see I'll be wasting even more hours ogling other people's tanks :lol: I like the jungly look of yours - that's my type of tank :good:

heres one of mine i took a while back its changed a lot now but
Lovely coloured sand!

you guys and your planted tanks! you make me feel like a bad fish keeper :(

anyway, here's my little 70L (~15Gal) ......

and here's my girlfriends, same size:
:lol: It's horses for courses isn't it. I have to say, though, that I like your girlfriend's tank best - it's more colourful :D

Here's some pics of my little 10gal and my temp home for my gold fish, dont worry i have a new home for them i'm setting it up tomorrow, i know its a bit crowded

CIMG3432.jpg

CIMG3423.jpg

CIMG3439.jpg

CIMG3431.jpg

i got some apple snails going in the 10 gal sometime this week hopefully

Most reactions

Back