Post Pics Of Your Beautiful Bettas Here!

I'm glad it is a relatively common thing anyway, I thought it was just my betta as I'd never heard of others doing it :lol:

I'm gonna look at betta habitats when I go to petco.. Maybe I'll get a good deal and can bid on those bettas j want.

The Betta "habitats" at petco are no more that a glorified tupperware container that should be against the law to use for a fish. You really should have your bettas in no less that 3g. Any "habitat" you find at petco for a betta is going to be 1g or less. Total unsuitable IMO.

My petco sells lots of different ones. Yes the ones made for bettas are 1 gallon and less, but they have many that are 2.5 and 5 and 6 and 4 and all around the board.

I also agree with the no less than 3 gallons for a betta. :good:

I'm in the UK, but doesn't Petco have a $1 a gallon sale on atm? Just something I read on another forum recently...

Yes they are haveing a $1 per gallon sale. I'm going to take a look at everything and see what fits me best, but if I don't like anything I'll just buy a betta at my local Petco. I like this rack type thing they have at my petco so you don't need to move them. They all have one individual slot. Just look and pick. If you can't see one yo can move it though.

He is abospulutely georgeous! Where did you get him,

Who, Charles?

He is from petco!
I sorted through literally 100 bettas to find such a looker!

Fishy Friend2, i really really really like the first picture you posted, the one that appears to be dull coloured, and i dont know why!
I did the same thing with Ice!! I found him at Petco hiding amongst a lot of really sad, poorly bettas! He danced for me, flared at me, and I took him home. Funny thing is, my hubs slapped me with a newspaper and told me no....:rofl: I found Flare at Petsmart :)

Liquid Skills: Your bettas are really pretty! Your crowntail looks just like my Flare!

Everyone has such beautiful bettas...but then again, its difficult for a Betta NOT to be gorgeous

YESYESYESYES!!!! Charles danced for me and showed all his beautiful fins and it was hard for me not to see him!

Wow. At petco they had half-moons, not pure bred I may add, for $12.99. That's kind of pricey for a chain store half-moon betta. They had the cutest little baby bettas. Supposedly 1-2 months old. I looked around and everything was pretty expensive, I'll see. May be best off bidding on those 2. I wish it was only a 1 betta auction and he had opened 2 :(
But hopefully I can find accomadations. I'm going to check bunches of websites for just cheap basic aquarium kits. It doesn't need to have a heater I can buy one on amazon pretty cheap. Any suggestion. :good:
I LOVE everyones bettas. And yes i agree you don't choose the betta, the betta chooses you :)

He is abospulutely georgeous! Where did you get him,

Who, Charles?

He is from petco!
I sorted through literally 100 bettas to find such a looker!

Fishy Friend2, i really really really like the first picture you posted, the one that appears to be dull coloured, and i dont know why!
I did the same thing with Ice!! I found him at Petco hiding amongst a lot of really sad, poorly bettas! He danced for me, flared at me, and I took him home. Funny thing is, my hubs slapped me with a newspaper and told me no....:rofl: I found Flare at Petsmart :)

Liquid Skills: Your bettas are really pretty! Your crowntail looks just like my Flare!

Everyone has such beautiful bettas...but then again, its difficult for a Betta NOT to be gorgeous

dM i love ice's colour ive looked so hard for this type of colour but can never find them in the uk :(

dM i love ice's colour ive looked so hard for this type of colour but can never find them in the uk :(
Thank you. Unfortunately he is not as pretty as he was. He managed to get in with one of my other males and turned to fin nipping after the ordeal. He has almost no more white on his tail :(

How long does it take for a betta to reach like 2-3 cm then to reach petstore size?

Most reactions

Back