Post Oscar Pic's Here!

Here are my oscars.. my albino tiger oscar Bubba.. when I first got him at 1" and now.. and my tiger oscar Blade..sorry bout the flash and the blurry pics, I really just all around stink at taking fish pictures lol

BubbaGump.jpg

Digicamerapics168.jpg

BLADE
Digicamerapics013.jpg

blade.jpg

Here's Odin, although he's more orange than white. Big brute, I love him to death :wub: We've had him for almost a year now and he's about 8 inches. He lives in the 120g w/ a JD and a catfish.

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
Doesn't look oscar to me. Looks more like some midas or red devily type thing. Nice looking fish :) But he cant be all oscar with that beaky face.

He's definately an Oscar, and I'm pretty sure he's not mixed with anything. He looks and acts like other oscars to me, he's just more orange. I will try to get some better close ups tonight that you can see all his lovely Oscarness :D

That is definitely an oscar, and not a hybrid in any way. I would quite literally bet my life on it. Oscars can only hybridize with other astronotus species, most of which pretty much look exactly like oscars, just with variations in colour pattern, and are so rare in the hobby you'd be extremely lucky to ever see one; even if you did, it certainly wouldn't be that brightly coloured. Anything that looks that much like an oscar but isn't is not something you are going to be able to pick up at the store. It does, however, look like a rarer colour variation... red satin, or something like that? I forget what they are called.
As for being a midas/RD, I don't think it looks much like this, apart from being remotely the same colour:
art193_03.jpg

oh wow thats so beautiful!!, so synirr ur Os look so damn healty, also what kind of sand is that?

albino oscar picture coming

if he stays still

my big one died 2 weeks ago ( he was 3yrs )

this is the replacement

theres black tint on his fins Looks bad ass
:) :D

48chcg7.jpg

2vtza7c.jpg

here are some pics from two months ago when he was invisible in his 120 gallon tank

my oscars name is baby :) because thats what he is

DSC03442.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

i will hopefully get some updated pictures for tommorrow

Most reactions

Back