Platy Baby

Dave T

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi
Looks like i was not quick enough so set up a fry tank after all
001.jpg

Found this little one by accident tried looking for more but i think i was to late thought i had about 10 days 2 weeks to go

Now my other problem who is the mum they both still look the same
004.jpg

kept them both in the trap last night just incase will try and get better pictures of the possible mums later and post the

That baby look to be quite large, it defo dose not look newly born that's for sure.

Perhaps it's been living in there for a few weeks.

That baby look to be quite large, it defo dose not look newly born that's for sure.

Perhaps it's been living in there for a few weeks.

That would really add a hole new twist to this saga i did put him in a fry trap at first it fell out the bottum if that gives you any idea of how small it is

LOL thans small then, ok it must just be the pic that makes it look larger

If i had a choice to which one it would be, i would say the pineapple coloured one, if the blue micky mouse is infact female(cant really see from the pic) it still looks a couple weeks gone into a pregnancy going by that little podge(again by that photo) the pineapple may have laid not long ago if it was her.

I not sure but whenever Ive had platies give birth, the colour has been completely different to the expected. Ive had blues throw out reds and oranges so I'm not sure weather you will fully tell which one it was if they are both quite tubby lol.

Either way congrats :)

It definately looks to big to be a platy newborn,mine has had lots of fry and none has been that large,could be a swordtail baby? :unsure:

Is your swordtail a female??

It definately looks to big to be a platy newborn,mine has had lots of fry and none has been that large,could be a swordtail baby? :unsure:

Is your swordtail a female??
Yes this is my swordtail pictured a couple of days ago
Any ideas as to what to do with the fry have it sitting in a net at the moment keeps falling out the bottum of the fry trap
home022.jpg

I don't like the traps with the holes in the bottom,if you wanted to keep it separate you're probably better off getting a net breeder,which are a pain to keep clean,or a breeding trap with the slits in the sides,these seem to work better than your one.

Most reactions

Back