Platies Wont Eat My Cucumber

crawfish

Reaction score
Hey people and fish
I thought id give my fish a treat and give them some cucumber but they wont eat any of it. Should i leave it in there over night to see? or just bin it? Ive got some cories in there two and they havent touched it either :(

Hey people and fish
I thought id give my fish a treat and give them some cucumber but they wont eat any of it. Should i leave it in there over night to see? or just bin it? Ive got some cories in there two and they havent touched it either :(

My fish wont tuch cucumba either. Although there is not a lot of goodness in it.
But mine are big fans of peas, boiled for abut 30 seconds, skin off, and throw a few in the tank. Ive started throwing the skin in as well, as my tiger barbs do a great seagull impression, fighting over them.

Steve

Hey people and fish

My fish wont tuch cucumba either. Although there is not a lot of goodness in it.
But mine are big fans of peas, boiled for abut 30 seconds, skin off, and throw a few in the tank. Ive started throwing the skin in as well, as my tiger barbs do a great seagull impression, fighting over them.

Steve
Yeah i agree, Mine love peas too. i boil them for 4 minutes then i just squeeze the inside bit into the tank. All my fish go crazy for peas. Some also love zucchini. Do the same for zucchini, boil for 4 minutes.

Yep, cooked shelled peas or cooked spinach mine will nibble at but not overly keen!

try taking the skin off to give them an edge to bite on. Having said that, my fish seems to prefer courgette.

i cant get my cucumber to stay on the bottom without putting a stone on the edge.
any suggestions welcome

Hi, I use a couple of pieces of lead plant weight. Or you can spear it with a teaspoon.

i cant get my cucumber to stay on the bottom without putting a stone on the edge.
any suggestions welcome

Blanch it? nuke it in the microwave then plunge it in a coldwater bath, usually does the trick. Not always, mind you. Plant weights work and my personal favorite, 'the teaspoon javelin' works every time ;) I actually have a teaspoon dedicated to the fish tank; I'm a little paranoid about cross-contamination and having any soap/cleaning products near my tank let alone in my tank! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back