Deeznuts

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope youā€™re all well. Iā€™ve kept koi for awhile now but Iā€™ve recently done my first aquascape. Iā€™ve signed up because this is all new to me and Iā€™m hoping I can get some great advice.

I have a half open top tank and that's why the water is lower by 8 inches from the top if any fish feel like jumping, I don't think they'll get very far.

180litre tank with about 6 platys and two bristle plecos to begin with for the first few months.

I've just given my plecos an algae wafer and they were straight on to it but the platy's were also very keen to try. They're keen to try anything that touches the water. I tried giving corguette to the pleco in the evening and they'd also destroyed that.

Any advice to stop the platys from eating everything!! Lol

IMG_0662.jpeg

Platys eat a lot of vegetable matter in their diet, so going after what you offer is normal. They think you're being nice to them, and that the catfish is just a dash and dine food thief.

"Peeps". That's too birdish. Shouldn't we fishnerds be "glugs" or something on those lines?

Platys eat a lot of vegetable matter in their diet, so going after what you offer is normal. They think you're being nice to them, and that the catfish is just a dash and dine food thief.

"Peeps". That's too birdish. Shouldn't we fishnerds be "glugs" or something on those lines?

Honestly, I canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard the term glug before, other than to reference glugging a beer lol. Iā€™ve changed it so it sounds less feminine, lol. I donā€™t do this forum stuff, so bear with me.

I see. I did think the flakes they had would be more than enough because they were always chowing down as soon as the flakes dropped in the tank.

At least thereā€™s the perk of knowing there wonā€™t be any leftovers!!

Also, do you know what the white fungus stuff is on the driftwood? I read that itā€™s normal, but I saw the platys chowing down on that, too!!

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
It looks like a zen tank...šŸ‘

The white stuff is biofilm - part of the process of the tank coming alive biologically.

Within your name, it states that your tank was the winner 5x of the month. How can I view it?
If you go to this link, you can see all the previous winners. I have won 5 times with 5 different tanks.(the most of everyone on the forum šŸ˜…) If you control f that page and type my username, you should be able to see them all.

I've never heard a person called a glug before either, except for one goldfish that kept calling me that when I fed it.

If you go to this link, you can see all the previous winners. I have won 5 times with 5 different tanks.(the most of everyone on the forum šŸ˜…) If you control f that page and type my username, you should be able to see them all.

Your March 2023 is really nice. It must have taken a while to establish that well.

I looked at this month's submissions and I'm like eh, I think I could win if if submitted mine šŸ˜… lol.

How and when do you submit for this thing? Lol

Your March 2023 is really nice. It must have taken a while to establish that well.

I looked at this month's submissions and I'm like eh, I think I could win if if submitted mine šŸ˜… lol.

How and when do you submit for this thing? Lol
March 2023 only took maybe 3 months to grow in that much. Used the walstad method.

Voting has already begun for this months tank of the month. Next month will start sometime at the beginning of the month. You'll have to keep an eye out for the enter now thread

Most reactions

Back