Hello 👋🏻 welcome aboard matey!

March 2023 only took maybe 3 months to grow in that much. Used the walstad method.

Voting has already begun for this months tank of the month. Next month will start sometime at the beginning of the month. You'll have to keep an eye out for the enter now thread
I’ll certainly keep an eye out. What’s this Walstad method. Is that without the filter? I think I read something about that on the description.

I used the JLB aqua soil (never again! Lost about a 1kg because it floated!! after filling up) in my tank and feed it with microbe-lift fertiliser which seems to be a U.K. based products. I’m not using CO₂ at the moment, so I don’t expect a huge growth. Perhaps, in the future, I will look into it.

Do you use CO₂?

The Walstad method takes some research - it isn't an easy set up to create.

I’ll certainly keep an eye out. What’s this Walstad method. Is that without the filter? I think I read something about that on the description.

I used the JLB aqua soil (never again! Lost about a 1kg because it floated!! after filling up) in my tank and feed it with microbe-lift fertiliser which seems to be a U.K. based products. I’m not using CO₂ at the moment, so I don’t expect a huge growth. Perhaps, in the future, I will look into it.

Do you use CO₂?

You can try this next time

In your empty tank put your base layer of soil in dry. Scape it to your hearts desire. Get a spray bottle and spray your soil until it's heavily saturated. Let it sit for an hour or so. Get a plate and set it in the tank. Use a pitcher or a glass and pour water slowly onto the plate instead of hitting your substrate. Do this until you have about 4-5" of water in your tank and then you can fill slowly with a hose the rest of your tank and you won't have much if any floating substrate.

Do you use CO₂?
Yep, no filter. I use just organic garden soil. No Co2. Its possibly harmful to fish so I steer of it. Plants do just fine without it.

Most reactions

Back