Plantsalive.co.uk

Hi there,

I have used plantsalive first batch OK second was very poor, Java are really good if you order by phone, each time I order online they get the delivery address wrong and the postie leaves them round the side of my house with no card, had one box sit there for 3 days, not sure why the website seems to miss the delivery address, a good one for me is tropical-aquarium-plants.co.uk very good and well packed. the only thing I hate is the waiting around,

Happy planting people,

Received my replacement order today, and the packaging was actually worse. They individually packaged each plant this time though, and they put a bag full of air in to stop them moving around. However the air bag cushion was burst and box i received them in was very thin cardboard, and had been crushed on its way through the post. They seriously need to review their packaging.
Also, i was shocked by the hairgrass this time, I mentioned in my email to them that it looked like it was just taken out of bunches rather grown in the pot, and this time they did worse, the took a leaded bunch and put it straight in the pot while charging extra.....its just pathetic. There's a pic below. They finally sent me some marsilea though, i have no idea what to do with it. It came in a ziplock bag mostly broken and a little yellow, in its submerged form. They never replaced my broken ceratopteris thalictroides from the last order, but that's OK because they never charged me for the marsilea. The salvinia was good this time though.
All in all I'm still not impressed with the quality of plants or the packaging, and will not use them again.
From now on I'm sticking with the excellent aquaessentials.co.uk and tropica plants, I just received plants in 100% perfect condition and amazing packaging, loads of bubble wrap and multiple ziplock bags for each individually packaged plant.
Where as around 70% of the hairgrass from my original plantsalive order has gone brown and died (it had thick stems and strange pod like thing on the end, i guess it was grown emergent), my tropica hairgrass came with no yellow or brown bits and had an excellent root system - it was even forming runner plantlet things in the pot.
Tropica and aquaessentials from now on, in fact I'm probably going to be making an order for a co2 diffuser tonight (i broke the one I got from them just yesterday.... :look:).
potted6nu.jpg

Man that is shocking, what do these people think they are doing? Guess you get what you pay for.

Sam

Im not too happy at the moment with Plants Alive either. You can see my Glosso thread ofr more. The fact they still havent got back to me is most annoying.

Think they will lose my custom now. Although my hairgrass did arrive in great condition from them being a very lush green.

3-fingers, after looking at the "marsilea quadrifolia" i ordered from plantsalive and comparing it to pictures of Marsilea Quadrifolia on t'internet, I realised they look rather different! Today I bought bacopa australis from petsathome and the plantsalive marsilea looks incredibly similar to the bacopa's new growth!

Does your marsilea look like this: http://naturalaquariums.com/plants/marsilea.JPG ??

MIne certainly doesn't and it also doesn't look like the emersed form either!

More dodgy goings on maybe??

:/

Well id just like to say plants alive are going to replace my mis-sent plant with the correct one. So im happy and will continue to use them.

Everything ive ordered so far has been good and healthy even the plant that was mis-sent to me.

3-fingers, after looking at the "marsilea quadrifolia" i ordered from plantsalive and comparing it to pictures of Marsilea Quadrifolia on t'internet, I realised they look rather different! Today I bought bacopa australis from petsathome and the plantsalive marsilea looks incredibly similar to the bacopa's new growth!

Does your marsilea look like this: http://naturalaquariums.com/plants/marsilea.JPG ??

MIne certainly doesn't and it also doesn't look like the emersed form either!

More dodgy goings on maybe??

:/
It kinda looks like the single leafed form from that pic, but the stem is more flat and much much shorter. There was no way physically possible for me to plant mine in the ground so i have it floating...some of it is still green and it will hopefully do well.
When yours came in the ziplock bag, did you get tonnes of other plant debris with yours? I got a few pieces of long hairgrass....too bashed up to use though :rolleyes:.

the salvinia was mushy and brown and has been eaten by some kind of insects
I discovered who was eating the salvinia! Moth larvae! I've just opened the hood of my tank and 2 small(about 1cm) moths have flown out! With another drying its wings on the salvinia :crazy: .
I'll try to get a pic of the moths, when will the suprises from plantsalive end!? :blink:

I know it's been said here before, but you really can't go wrong with Tropica plants. Fortunately, my LFS stocks them. I got one Tropica Echinodorus and split it in two and now have two huge plants. I reckon they're unbeatable.

Thought I would add my experience to the collective (resistance if futile... sorry I'm a closet sci-fi fan, but don't tell anyone :shifty:) knowledge.
Having read this thread and not having a lot of money I decided to give Plants Alive a try and see for myself. I'll keep it brief

1) Ordered 2x 50 bargain surplus and 3x micro sagittaria on Monday

2) Plants arrive Thursday fairly well packaged but not excellent, however the order is half complete, only 1 bargain surplus and some riccia on mesh and a note on the invoice to say that they are out of individual micro sagittaria and swapped it for equivalent ones on mesh. Do they not think I can tell the difference between riccia and sagittaria? And if there were out of stock fair enough but you can just supplement with something completely different. Just call to let me chose something else or give me a refund! Word of warning don't ever get the riccia on mess poor quality doesn't even come into it.

3) Phone them Friday to explain, and the bloke says he'll send the stuff out Monday. Fair enough but given that they arsed up it should have gone out the same day as a matter of priority.

4) Monday arrives and I figure I should call to make sure it goes out. Bloke remembers our conversation after some reminding. I say that if they are out of mirco sword could I swap for 2x crypts, 2x R. indica and 2x glosso. Not a problem he says.

5) Wake up today and the 50 bargain surplus are there, as are 1x crypt and 1x R.indica and no glosso, with a note to say they are very sorry and that they have refunded the cost of the micro sagittaria. So guess the crypts and indica are freebie 'sorry' gestures.

So all in all a rather poor level of service. I think it just boils down to them being incompetent, I don't mean that in a harsh way just that they clearly haven't a clue what they are doing or how to run a business. I have in the end ended up with far more plants than I have paid for (providing the refund comes through, not on my credit card yet).

The biggest shame is that actually I think they have a good product. The plants are generally of a good quality. I am going to call them back today and tell them about the reputation that are rapidly getting, however for me, its greenline (cos I really don't have enough money) and aquaessentials for the 'show' plant and HC of course.

Just thought I'd share :)

Sam

Most reactions

Back