Plants on ebay

I don't think I can comment because I don't know the "going rate" for plants in Australia. Both the cultivars you mention are readily available from plant mail order firms in Europe. Find a mail order firm in Australia and check their prices, if they don't have those cultivars, maybe they ARE rare in Australia, can't see why that should be so though.

*** EDIT ***

Marble Queen large size for a third of the price! They also have a downloadable catalogue of other "rare" plants.

just to let you know the shop i work in has both those varieties of plant and they both cost £3.00, although they are smaller. if they are the sizes that they state then yes i would imagin it probably is worth about that much, but i would certainly not call them rare in this country!.
if you do go for them remember that any fresh leaves that grow without spots should be cut off with a sharp pair of scissors, as this promotes the growth of more spots on the other leaves

oh by the way i dont think the Rare "Ozelot" Amazon sword plant - Deep Maroon Spots, is worth that price its only 10cm tall, and that seems real expensive to me

M/ASC said:
oh by the way i dont think the Rare "Ozelot" Amazon sword plant - Deep Maroon Spots, is worth that price its only 10cm tall, and that seems real expensive to me
thats what i was thinking

Thanks guys

Just another question, are they easy to keep or do the need Specific conditions?

i'd never trust ebay and always iffy with second hand plants (diseases.....)
if u want cheap good quality plants then click java plants
5 plants is 5 stems that you have to put together with led.
rinse them and you shouldnt get a problem with snails and you can purchase java ferns that are attached to a log.
i go there everytime.

if you have a properly set up planted aquarium with CO2 injection, 4 light tubes or halides, and properly done substrates and fertilisers then yes you should have no problems keeping these plants. But if you have a normal tank with out proper plant equipment then i wouldn't bother

Tednol said:
i'd never trust ebay and always iffy with second hand plants (diseases.....)
if u want cheap good quality plants then click java plants
Not trusting ebay is something that has no reasoning behind it as far as I can see, many thousands of people use it without problem, sure you get one or two people that are out there to rip you off, but you can see if they are a new user/negative feedback and avoid this as much as possible.

Seeing as the plants on ebay are classed as second hand, does this mean that the plants from Java are brand new then? They have no less of a chance of carrying diseases than plants from ebay, all ebay is about is someone using an auction website to sell their plants rather than a separate website, either way you run the risk of diseases/hitch-hikers etc, but that's the chance you take, just like when you buy plants or fish from your local shop.

The guy is in Australia anyway, so I don't think the UK based Java-plants is going to help him in this case, besides, they only have a selection of plants, there are others on ebay which you can't get from there.

ChriX said:
The guy is in Australia anyway, so I don't think the UK based Java-plants is going to help him in this case, besides, they only have a selection of plants, there are others on ebay which you can't get from there.
him??

im female :D

i always use ebay and have never had a problem with anything

Most reactions

Back