Planned Fry Journal Just For Fun :)

Blondielovesfish said:
It was just a suggestion
smile.png

Yeah, that could work! Do you want to breed them?

I googled convict fish and I think I got the wrong ones because they are holding them in their hands they are that big lol! Could you imagine I come home and there's a big monster in my tank haha! Pretty striking though. 
No I am not bothered about breeding now, I have been doing it 2 years and I have come to the end of it now! I have heard tetras are very hard to breed. I just want striking colours and shoals! Not picky or anything :p
Surely this isn't the right one!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fishin.com/articles/sheepsheadjoeyrichie.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fishin.com/articles/trigger.htm&h=221&w=312&sz=23&tbnid=f4SPin9e2kZUFM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=127&zoom=1&usg=__dfl4QOFVHCxx9JXJHvp31rY__Q4=&docid=bif9mv7Jh_rrjM&sa=X&ei=tXHkUeqFIamq0QWV3IHgAg&ved=0CDYQ9QEwAQ&dur=49#imgdii=f4SPin9e2kZUFM%3A%3B5aXWHoOLeA7JPM%3Bf4SPin9e2kZUFM%3A

:rofl: That looks like something that would come from the sea lol.

This is them:

convict-cichlids-2.jpg

Sorry for the massive picture.

They're stunning fish those tetras. You could do a nice community. :)

Hahaha yeah, that's the kind of thing you would see on "river monsters!"

I am really just wanting a change and am fed up with the same thing now. I want 1 or 2 shoals of small fish plus mostly cories. I feel like I have done it all with guppies now as it's been 2 years. Maybe I am having a mid life crisis lol.

LOL.
It's the good thing about fish keeping...there's so many different areas of it you can't really ever get bored. 
Maybe your next challenge could be a planted tank?

Blondielovesfish said:
LOL.
It's the good thing about fish keeping...there's so many different areas of it you can't really ever get bored. 
Maybe your next challenge could be a planted tank?

I used to have a planted tank. I found my plants grew very well in the 64L, since upgrading to the 95-I can't seem to keep them alive which is silly. Hence why I have taken quite a lot out, I took all the gravel out too and put sand in. 
What it looks like now
6cf8e4b6-456c-43fb-a0d2-9a7236d9571e_zpseccba7d0.jpg

Just feel like it's missing a nice decent sized pair of fish or 2 shoals of contrasting colours. I don't know maybe I am just being picky.

yeah, some bright fish would look great in there! 
Is it just me or does that lighting not look very good 
sad2.gif
 I like how you've arranged everything though! :)

Blondielovesfish said:
yeah, some bright fish would look great in there! 
Is it just me or does that lighting not look very good 
sad2.gif
 I like how you've arranged everything though!
smile.png

I had to take the tank lid off and sit it on the top, then crop the picture to leave the huge glare of light out. I shut all the curtains and doors. It's the only way I could take it without any reflections or glare on the rocks, or shine on the sand! 

Original pic-see what I mean?
image_zps76522a8d.jpg

It looks rubbish at the moment but I really am fed up with it. Don't know what to do or how to stock it better. 
Some failed attempts, issues with lighting and glare-hence why I tool the lid off.
be3811a4-9deb-40d9-949e-dc11b9a1b3b3_zps9a9a7731.jpg

image_zps94848870.jpg

This one was almost right
image_zpsca513c9c.jpg

Still glare from the sand. 
These were all taken with my phone, I need a proper camera!

Mhmm, I do. Looks very yellowy, may just be the sand though. Where did you get those rocks in the middle from? Another you could maybe add would be a dense piece of driftwood to go along with that branch.

Those rocks are the ones my landlady ordered for her tanks, then changed her mind so I got them lol. I love the black pebbles, they contrast the sand so well. I have so many pieces of mopani wood, I just can't put them anywhere, just looks wrong :(

Great score!
That sucks :/ . Maybe adding some anubias or java fern would help it look "right"?

Blondielovesfish said:
Great score!
That sucks
confused.gif
. Maybe adding some anubias or java fern would help it look "right"?

I must be the only person in the world who can kill anubias. Yes that's right, I killed my anubias and I also melted my java moss which was tied to the slate!!!
Yes. I am a jinx.

Ny82 said:
There's a surprise I can't find the pic, I saw it on my photobucket just recently aswell. I did however find pics of previous fry I have bred.

DSC01601-1.jpg

triplets-1.jpg

DSC01596-1.jpg

DSC01599-1.jpg

This was dad

IMAG2888-1.jpg

I sold the babies to a woman who kept coming back every month! These old pics make me excited about raising fry again! Oh how I have missed it!
Aww, I have a little guy just like that! They grow up so fast!

Most reactions

Back