Piranhas

D4N

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i am thinking of redoing my ank and get piranhas

is the any smallish ones or can u only keep red bellied

i have a 77gal uk how many could i fit in there?

what would i feed them?

Edit: lol this is probly a stupid quetion can you safly put yr hand in the tank?

and befor anyone sayanything im not feeding any live fish! for fun

i think that it is sick and sound not be done

77 gallon? i would keep like three silver pirahnahs. there farly small. and dont stick your ahand in the tank if your bleeding or better yet at all.

77 gallon? i would keep like three silver pirahnahs. there farly small. and dont stick your ahand in the tank if your bleeding or better yet at all.
This is a myth. It is perfectly fine to stick your entire arm in a piranha tank, I do it just about everyday in all 5 of my piranha tanks. They usually hide behind the plants or swim the other way, they're very skittish when hands are placed in the aquarium. But if your bleeding that's a much different story...

There quite a few Serrasalmus species available to live in a 75+ Uk gallon tank.
A good site to visit would be Piranha forum he we have some top people who can give you some great advice as between us all we have got many different spieces ranging from Pygopritis denticulas, Pygo. caribe to Serrasalmus Rhombous, Geryi and Branti.
Will be able to offer you some great ideas other than the RBP.

MODS: I have linked to a spieces forum which I beleve from reading rules and threads about the subject is ok?

I dont have any problem with it in the case of pirahna's

man i have 4 reds in a 75 u should be fine doin that u can stick ur arm in as long as u keep them well fed it is also better to put them somewhere so they will get used to u being around that way when u do water changes they will not get as frightend and stir up wat ur trying to clean :good: :good:

Most reactions

Back