Pictus Cat

Behold

Fishaholic
Reaction score
On of my pictus is continually fat after feeding but im not sure why. he dosn't eat any more the the other. my only thing is maybe he is eating a whole wafer. at first i thought it was my harliquins but its not......

Pictus cat's feed in a frenzy. Mine usually do end up swallowing the entire wafer and often look like they've swallowed a marble afterwards. On another note, if you can make room for it a third Pictus might be in order. They usually do establish dominance in a tank, and when you only have two that means they might be fighting all the time. I know that in my tank there is a "leader" who is much bigger than the other two.

Pictus cat's feed in a frenzy. Mine usually do end up swallowing the entire wafer and often look like they've swallowed a marble afterwards. On another note, if you can make room for it a third Pictus might be in order. They usually do establish dominance in a tank, and when you only have two that means they might be fighting all the time. I know that in my tank there is a "leader" who is much bigger than the other two.

I think he is just more rounded. I was thinking of a third but im also wanting 3 rope fish and wondering if ill be too over stocked adding another pictus. the only time they fight is when its feeding time and its more rubbing (Dominance control)

I think he is just more rounded. I was thinking of a third but im also wanting 3 rope fish and wondering if ill be too over stocked adding another pictus. the only time they fight is when its feeding time and its more rubbing (Dominance control)

Well then he's probably just eating a little more than the other one.

my pictus also eats entire wafers and will eat all that i give him, i wouldn't worry about the fat belly, raphael catfish get really fat when they eat, its just their nature.

my pictus also eats entire wafers and will eat all that i give him, i wouldn't worry about the fat belly, raphael catfish get really fat when they eat, its just their nature.

They are all mouth and eat and eat and eat. They just go into a frenzy with bloodworm so not too much.

Great fish though i have four

Most reactions

Back