Photo Request

Alrite, great selection of tanks ive seen as the thread has progressed :D
Just thought i'd update my pictures as ive not been on the forum for quite a while now, and last time i posted, we had an 8ft tank changing it over to a 12ft, well it aint quite finished after all this time, but heres my pics, not very clear i no, but anyways :

Picture was taken with Flash !

Without flash !

How many gallons is it and what and how many fish do you have in there? It looks awesome!!! :drool:

It has 400gallons, double the amount our 8ft one had lol and we aint sure, we've added quite a few recently, and the last we counted we had 100+ in there ! We also have another 4 tanks around the house :D

I'm confused as to what Bala's are lol typed it in on google, and silver sharks appeared, if thats what you mean, we have non lmao, the large foot long fish you can see are lemmon finned barbs, and if you can make him him out, theres a six barred distochodus there aswell ! :D

Loads of great pictures in here guys and girls! Some real bizzare ones too!! hehehe!!

The seem to be tanks in many places in peoples homes, but no one seems to have any in
their bathrooms!? I mean im sure we all spend a fair amount of time in there too, specially the girls!? :p Is it not a
great place for a tank aswell? Or is there a reason why no one seems to have a tank in the bathroom?

Understandibly if its too small, as uk bathrooms are most of the time, but still, some of you have managed to fit tanks into rather small places!!!

:thumbs:

Newbie, but trying! :D

Here is my tank in the living room ( L80cm x H41cm x W30cm) No idea how many litres/gallons that is...?

Tank050206.jpg

At the moment, not many fish.... 3 guppy's, 5 neon tetra's, 1 Calico Oranda (my first wee man, homeless so ended up in here and thriving!) and last but not least my stunning baby plec!

Pleco050206.jpg

Not sure if he is a common plec or a sail fin .... can't get any better pic's of him/her at the moment :thumbs:

Loads of great pictures in here guys and girls! Some real bizzare ones too!! hehehe!!

The seem to be tanks in many places in peoples homes, but no one seems to have any in
their bathrooms!? I mean im sure we all spend a fair amount of time in there too, specially the girls!? :p Is it not a
great place for a tank aswell? Or is there a reason why no one seems to have a tank in the bathroom?

Understandibly if its too small, as uk bathrooms are most of the time, but still, some of you have managed to fit tanks into rather small places!!!

:thumbs:

I really woudn't recommend a tank in the bathroom, reasons being, there will be to much of a temperature change after you have had a bath/shower, and also all the different fumes, such as your deodreant ect will kill off your fish. So personally, a fish tank in the shower carn't be done !

mmmm good point about the fragrances, but would it be that bad? Steam is steam isnt it?

As for the temp change, i wouldnt think that would be too much of a problem, again tho, depends on a few factors like, tank size and how long u have steaming hot showers for!! :nod:

It's not a good idea cause when a girl sprays hair spray on their hair it stinks and could kill the fish if it got into the tank. Also Synirr (a member on here) used a shower soother while taking a shower and it killed 3 of her bettas because it was to close to the bathroom.

Wow this is a great topic... Its interesting to see how there were no posts from October til February...
I love seeing how people in other countrys decorate there houses.. Well I have posted my pictures in other topics but here are a few pictures of the tank and the rooms around it..
As you can see we can see our tank from the kitchen, eating area and great room.. I designed the house so that we would have the tank centrally located for maximum viewing pleasure..

IMG_0614.JPG

this is a picture from the kitchen looking the other way
IMG_0615.JPG

this is a photo from the eating area.. you can see the front entranceway and hallway also
IMG_0616.JPG

here is a picture of the tank....
its a 7' x 2' x 2' tank about 210-220 gallons...

IMG_0617.JPG

and here are 2 closer up shots, 1 of each half of the tank..
I have 20 fish in there...IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

Most reactions

Back