PheonixKingZ Interview.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Then are you saying all of the people that have protected you and your country are all sinners? And they all deserve to spend eternity in hell? Senseless killing, is a sin. Killing for what's right and killing for a good cause, is not a sin.
Most soldiers don’t go in to kill. They go to protect. A sniper is trained to kill. You’re the only person I’ve ever met that wants to grow up to be a sniper. Just strange to me. Please give me the scripture that says “Killing for a good cause is not a sin.” You have a different Bible than mine. Mine states “Thou shalt not kill.” I realize that at times, killing is inevitable but to want to make a career of it is strange to me. JMO. We need to stop this part of the interview anyway. It got your thread locked last time. I thought we had moved on. Next question.

Last edited:
@ PheonixKingZ ....Did you say that one of your favorite TV Shows was "Northwoods Law"? Or was that someone else's comment?

Hmmm.... I guess this thread has ended? I only asked because I know one of the Game Wardens personally who stars on North Woods Law :) We grew up/lived together in the same town in New Hampshire... I now live in Michigan and haven't seen him for years, but I was good friends with his (now ex) wife.
No, this thread has not ended. :)

Really? You know one personally? That's so cool! Whats is his name/last name? I have seen a lot of NorthWoods law episodes. They are informational. :)

Most soldiers don’t go in to kill. They go to protect. A sniper is trained to kill. You’re the only person I’ve ever met that wants to grow up to be a sniper. Just strange to me. JMO
It may seem strange, but its what I want to do. I asked that we drop this topic, so please, no more on it...

It's PheonixKing's life...he will choose his career..whether military or civil... and let's not stray into religion here....
@Fishmanic, where have you been all day? Thanks for jumping in. I’ve steered away but it came back. I think these type of posts need to be avoided. Especially since this one is going in the same direction that his last one did. This s a fish forum.

What is your favourite song?
Movie?
Plant?

Then are you saying all of the people that have protected you and your country are all sinners? And they all deserve to spend eternity in hell? Senseless killing, is a sin. Killing for what's right and killing for a good cause, is not a sin.

Just a quick one as I want to clarify and move on.
I fully agree with PhoenixKing.

Take note that the in Exodus 20:13 - You shall not murder. (NKJV - the correct translation).
It didn't say
"You shall not kill".

There is a big difference between murder and kill.
This is a case of bad translation or bad understanding of the original Hebrew word if you misunderstood this.

You can read from here or you can search the internets for more explanation.

The Hebrew word for “murder” literally means “the intentional, premeditated killing of another person with malice.”

Interestingly, most of us are familiar with this definition of murder, because it is reflected in the Penal Codes of our country. In my home state of California, the Penal Code provides this definition of murder:

187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

Malice is a form of evil intent that separates “murder” from “killing”. Even today there are acceptable forms of killing that lack this kind of evil intent, and these forms of killing exist as exceptions in the murder laws of the United States.

In California, for example, a homicide is justified (according to Penal Code sections 187, 196 and 197) if one of the following conditions is met:

A person kills someone accidentally
A person is trying to defend him or herself and prevent his or her own murder (self-defense)
A person is trying to prevent someone from entering his or her house to commit some violent felony
A person is trying to prevent the murder of someone else (protecting an innocent)

An accidental killing is not murder.
A killing performed in self-defense (or in defense of one’s home) is not murder.
A killing performed in an attempt to save the life of an innocent person is not murder.

Anyway, I won't continue on this subject as this is a fish forum.

Most reactions

Back