Pets At Home

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I wouldn't suggest adding females, they breed like rabbits & you'll soon find your self overstocked.
If P@H won't take them back, then try putting an ad on Gumtree or your local free paper.
In the meantime, can you separate your tank?

I have a molly/platy cross and she's the biggest bully ever. I've had to move my apple snail into my fry tank because she tries to eat it. All the other fish stay away from her and I'll be glad when old age catches up with her. I'll never keep mollies again - pure bred or crossed. I'm just thankful there's only one of her, more and I think I'd be looking at a high death rate.

I know pets@home will take fry off you so if you bag up the mollies and take them back they should take them. Explain the situation and you might get some credit

Good luck :)

hi i buy from pets at home and i ask them if they take fish back they said that they would take them as a last resort if you had no were else to take them but if you take them back befor the 7 day guaranty ends they will exchange them or give you your money back but they will not give you any money for fish you breed your self if you have to take then in :look:

Hi.

Does anybody know if Pets at Home will take fish back? I'm fairly new to fish keeping and was sold 3 male mollies in january, I was told by a member of staff that they are great community fish and get along fine with other fish. I have 4 corydoras and 9 neon tetras, my mollies were fine at first and didn't bother with the other fish, but recently they have started to attack each other and they are badly attacking my corydoras, Iv noticed cuts and bruises on the biggest cory and the smallest cory as blood on his side. The tank is 90L so I'm sure it's big enough, and iv tested the water and that is also fine, so they arent kept in poor conditions to cause them to be aggressive. Are mollies normally aggressive fish? Are Pets at Home just talking complete crap about them being great fish?

Thanks. x
Hi
I'm new on here, what a great site, Only today I asked Pets at home would they take back 8 otto's which I bought from that store the night before, they were quite rude and said "It's company policy not to exchange or take back fish", I said they've spent 13 hours in a quarantine tank , I would just like to exchange them for a slightly larger type of catfish due to my discus would probably eat them", it was only when I got them home that they looked tiny, however I got no joy, I phoned the Pets at home 3 miles down the road and the manager said, "We'll take them no worries", he swapped them for 7 bronze Cory's and a moss ball. So obviously it's not company policy, it's a management decision, if the obnoxious manager at the first shop had explained this, then I would be buying food and equipment from her and not travelling to the shop with someone that has customer skills, good luck.

Hi
I'm new on here, what a great site, Only today I asked Pets at home would they take back 8 otto's which I bought from that store the night before, they were quite rude and said "It's company policy not to exchange or take back fish", I said they've spent 13 hours in a quarantine tank , I would just like to exchange them for a slightly larger type of catfish due to my discus would probably eat them", it was only when I got them home that they looked tiny, however I got no joy, I phoned the Pets at home 3 miles down the road and the manager said, "We'll take them no worries", he swapped them for 7 bronze Cory's and a moss ball. So obviously it's not company policy, it's a management decision, if the obnoxious manager at the first shop had explained this, then I would be buying food and equipment from her and not travelling to the shop with someone that has customer skills, good luck.
I'm sure you could file a complaint on the workers, they have no right to be nasty and rude to customers. And they do take fish in. After quitting the hobby for a while, I had a bn pleco that nobody wanted. My closest P@H store was super rude and hesitant about it, but eventually they took her in. I wouldn't normally give random fish to a chain store as they're absolutely just awful, and incompetent. Although, not every one would be this way. There's another one a bit more far from me, I got my leopard gecko and beardie off them. Both animals healthy, and doing well.

Note to any fishkeeper; I would personally avoid P@H at all costs. It's never good to risk it.

Most reactions

Back