Peeing In The Fish Tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazytaxi

Reaction score
hi guys,,

i have a new tank and i really cant wait to recieve ,y oscars and blood parrot fish,

so i was thinking if i can do the fishless cycle with human peeing in the tank ??

if yes does anyone know how is the best way to do that

??

Mate dont laugh - i did it using pee........!!!

Worked a treat, tho turned the water a yucky yellow....

:sick:

I did manage to find some household ammonia eventually but for the first few days it was pee! And all the readings with teh test kits were as expected.

It's been mentioned before, the general concensus is 'well it might work, but urine is all your bodily waste and you have no idea whats in it, or the ammonia levels, and it's just icky'.

It's odd that you asked that now because I read in Practical Fishkeeping Magazine just an hour before someone ask the exact same question! :blink: The magazine said yes it is possible, just a bit icky. :rolleyes:

Yes its possible, urine is sterile as well so no worry about bacteria. The bigger concern is how you balance on the side of the tank and pee in!!!!!

Lets face it ITS GROSS. Blasted ammonia from the chemist is really cheap - why bother with anything else.

People are literally takin the "piss" but it does work.

I couldnt find ammonia for a while, and the stuff i di find foamed up or had perfumes which meant they possibly had other chemicals mixed in which would be harmful.

So i peed in a plastic bottle and added to tank. If u have no other choice and u wanna get the cycle going its no problem at all.

And other than the colour "pee" is not icky at all.

Its sterile as mentioned before and anyone who has kids will understand that poo is the bad stuff, not wee!

Where I am originally from, in the "good ol days" if animals had cuts or sores out in the fields people would pee on the abrasion to clean and steralise it. Saved many an animal.

Its good stuff....!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back