Panda Fry Log

I have not saved the eggs. I'm not in a position to try to rear fry just yet. I will be gone off and on for the summer. My dad is coming over a few times a week to feed, check the levels and do a weekly water change. But, I'm not going to leave him the responsibility of taking care of fry with daily feedings, water changes, etc. If these fry hatch, then they hatch and they will have to fend for themselves. If they get munched before hand, so be it. When the fall comes, if the pandas spawn again, I will take some steps to save the fry. Right now I'm just pretty stoked that the pandas are settling in nicely. (I guess the frozen bloodworms were appreciated!)

I appreciate the advice, and I will be seeking your counsel come the fall if the panda continue to spawn then.

More good news, my brother-in-law who will be installing new windows on my house while I am away just quoted me a price for the windows that is roughly half what I had budgeted! :yahoo: That means that my wife will be getting her new dining room furniture a little sooner than we had anticipated, and that the dining room (complete with tropical fish aquarium) will soon be the envy of the neighborhood! :lol: (Well, not really, but my wife will not be upset about the shambles it actually is in currently. :blush: Our money may almost have caught up to my wife's plans for the house - well at least the downstairs! :lol: She's always got something in mind to update, change, etc.)

You never know,come the fall,you may end up with wee pandas in there,just shout if you need help :p :lol:

Good news on the windows and good luck with all the plans for the house :good:

The main thing is your fish are happy so that makes you happy :nod:

Oh, I'm not shy in asking for help if I need it. :lol:

I have some plants in the tank, so maybe they can find somewhere to hide until they are too big to be eaten... I might go and get a few moss type plants - to give them a little bit more of a fighting chance. I've thought about just getting a breeding net and throwing them in there, but can I leave them in there until they grow out? Will there be enough microorganisms on the moss if I put them in there to feed on when no one is around to feed them?

Ah... I am getting sentimental about them already. :grr: I think I'll just let them be...

Eggs were munched...

Aww what a shame,it could've been any of your fish that have eaten them,but Pandas will eat them also...

It was for the best. I really don't have the time to devote to fry just now.

The bigger concern is that I lost a cory last night. (thread is here.) I also can't find a rasbora at all today. I guess it died and got munched, but I can't figure out what happened. ????

Panda's have been the most delicate of the Corys that I've had so far. I should have been more selective when I purchased as a couple looked slightly mis-shaped, however the LFS was closing for good so they needed homes and I got them for $3.50 each. The two that looked like that ended up dying. Not sure if I will replace them or not at this point.

As for the Rasbora -- in looking at your tank, there doesnt seem to be a TON of hiding places and I've never seen any of mine really even around the bottom. Have you checked the filter?

Panda's have been the most delicate of the Corys that I've had so far. I should have been more selective when I purchased as a couple looked slightly mis-shaped, however the LFS was closing for good so they needed homes and I got them for $3.50 each. The two that looked like that ended up dying. Not sure if I will replace them or not at this point.

As for the Rasbora -- in looking at your tank, there doesnt seem to be a TON of hiding places and I've never seen any of mine really even around the bottom. Have you checked the filter?

Thanks - I did find it stuck against the back of the new filter I put in.

Yah good news,i was getting a bit worried i hadn't seen my 2 babes,but spotted them both at feeding time and managed to get pics :)

Heres a blurry pic of my big momma panda with her wee offspring :wub: taken last night :)

Most reactions

Back