Our 370g Aquarium

Skay

Reaction score
Here is our 370g Aquarium. 72"Lx40"Wx30"H. Custom made in the US, almost 10 years ago. We currently have a Pacu and Oscar in it. We plan on adding more fish.. hopefully a Giant gourami, and more Pacus and other South american cichlids. We may even add a Redtail Catfish.

We used to have 2 huge Pacus (20/22") in it and a Redtail catfish (27"). They past away 4 years ago (we still grieve their loss).

We chose the dimensions and we love the 40" width. It really makes quite a difference in viewing angles etc. We have the aquarium in our large basement, which works great since the room is huge and the tank fits nicely. We plan on finishing the basement in future years.

The pics below are not updated yet, but will show you the fish/size etc. We currently have stones in the bottom and a large piece of driftwood. I will take recent pics and post them soon.

43484630.jpg

43484629.jpg

43484627.jpg

43484634.jpg

43484648.jpg

Pics of our other aquariums, and more pics of the 370g:
http://www.pbase.com/fishcube/aquariums

Sharon & Steve

sweet tank :good: but I think a red tailed catfish may get too big even for a 370gallon tank, don't they get to be something like 4-5feet and IME catfish like to swim around a fair bit.

there are plenty of other lovely catfish that stay between 2-3ft and would be ok in that tank for life :good:

We most likely won't add a redtail catfish.

Nice tank, i'm currently sorting out a sump for my 270 gal.Can you show me some piccies of your sump and how it's set up :good:

Nice tank, i'm currently sorting out a sump for my 270 gal.Can you show me some piccies of your sump and how it's set up :good:

Do you mean a sump that pulls water from tank for water changes? We don't have one, but plan to get one. We use a python hose and it syphons out naturally, and then refill with python. It takes forever, but we havn't figured out what type/style of sump to use. We want to be able to hook up the python hose to it easily.

or do you mean filter sump? I've got a Rena XP3 on the back, and plan to add 2 more in the future.

thought of breeding the oscars?, im presuming they are male and female?

Most reactions

Back