Oscars?

phonebox

Reaction score
Hey,
I just got given 4 oscars from a freind, 1 red, 1 red tiger and 2 albinos. All 4 are very young and 2" long, they're very cute :D

I have put them in my 52 gallon tank which has just finished it's fishless cycle.
Is this tank large enough to house the oscars, as i've heard they can grow pretty large.... Thanks

Regards,
James

I'm afraid your tank isn't big enough for 1 let alone 4.

As long as the right diet and water conditions ar provided you'll need to start thinking about rehoming in about 4 months time.

Ok, thanks for your quick reply.

I have someone in mind who might want them so i'll ask him later.

jus to add to that you need to be looking at about 75 gallons for one fish or a pair at a push (a pair is a male and a female that have hooked up not jus 2 fish) or 200 gallons plus for a group of oscars.

they dont really like each other when they get a bit bigger ya see so they need alot of space and a few of them to spread the aggression a bit.

jus to add to that you need to be looking at about 75 gallons for one fish or a pair at a push (a pair is a male and a female that have hooked up not jus 2 fish) or 200 gallons plus for a group of oscars.

they dont really like each other when they get a bit bigger ya see so they need alot of space and a few of them to spread the aggression a bit.

75 gallons for one oscar is OTT and i see no reason he cant keep one in a 52 gallon :blink:

75 gallons for one oscar is OTT and i see no reason he cant keep one in a 52 gallon :blink:

Why bring this thread up its 2 months old :blink: especially after Lisa has just given you the reasons why an oscar shouldnt really be kept in anything smaller than a 48"x18"x18" in a thread below?

Why bring this thread up its 2 months old :blink: especially after Lisa has just given you the reasons why an oscar shouldnt really be kept in anything smaller than a 48"x18"x18" in a thread below?

lol you lot dont like ppl challenging things do you.

you didnt challenge anyone. u stated some wrong info and we corrected it.

challenging you would be asking you to prove that one could live in a 52g.

lol but you cant prove that one cant live in a 52 gallon. :blink: but i do see your point its just some of you think you was born and raised by tropical fish lol.

and my old man has kept oscars in a rio 300 for years all fine and well never had a problem.

I had a Rio 300 up until recently, and there isn't room for one oscar let alone multiples. It's only 60g. :crazy:

Hate to rain on your parade, but your old man overstocked his tank, and that shouldn't be taken as a good example.

I had a Rio 300 up until recently, and there isn't room for one oscar let alone multiples. It's only 60g. :crazy:

Hate to rain on your parade, but your old man overstocked his tank, and that shouldn't be taken as a good example.

a rio 300 is 79gallons isnt it and he had one called ronan not 10 :unsure:

Most reactions

Back