oscar not eating

I'd suggest you up the salt there Thomas. It's getting to the point where you're going to have little to lose here. She's been ill a long time and different things aren't working. Follow the advice from that other poster and get more salt in the tank. This is only MY opinion, but time's running out.....

Be vigilent with water changes, do lots and lots of them. And REPLACE the salt when you do them. Get more air in the tank via airstones... she's still very laboured in her breathing.

It actually looks somewhat like her skin (or whatever fish have) is peeling off there

I've been meaning to post this for a while. Bad news. Read : http://watershed3.tripod.com/diseases.html#black . Pay close attention to the section about nitrite/ammonia poisoning along the left side of the window. It says that they may never recover. Sorry to tell you that. I'm surprised he's still alive after nearly a month not eating.

why dont you just kill it. the damn thing is clearly suffering. everything you have tried is not working. you just going to let it wither around wasting away?

why dont you just kill it. the damn thing is clearly suffering. everything you have tried is not working. you just going to let it wither around wasting away?

i agree

I am added salt, and am doing water changes, I have nowhere else to put her.

Removed as these questions are no longer required.

Thank you everyone for your help over the past 3 weeks, but her odds of living right now are virtually none, she started flailing about about 10 minutes ago, and she's now lying on her side taking fewer and fewer breaths.

I don't expect her to live much longer.

did you ever try conventional medicines and such from a fish store? i know you tried most of the "natural" methods mentioned, but they obviously dont work.

She's died, Sunday July 18, somewhere between 1:00 and 1:05 PM local time.

Again, thank you everyone for your support and help. It was very much appreciated and very informative.

csr mel said:
did you ever try conventional medicines and such from a fish store? i know you tried most of the "natural" methods mentioned, but they obviously dont work.
No, Because we couldn't match it to any specific diseases and I read all over the place including from this forum that the medications can cause harm if not correctly removed from the water, Or if mixed with other medications. And what would I have bought.

We tryed salt, ph adjustments, beneficial bacteria, water conditioners, water changes, incresing oxygen supply, adding more filtration stuff, 2 types of live food, cichlid pellets, beef heart.

I'm truly sorry to read this Thomas. Very very sorry.
My condolences.

I'll bet anyone here that it was nitrite/ammonia poisoning. Any takers?

Most reactions

Back