Omg! Drrrooooolll-muchnes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person comes accross a stunning picture of a betta and decides to share and makes a post out of it and a fun thread unfolds.

Then (as I read it) a member points out that it is a year old (so what?, you want to hear some of my jokes :rolleyes: ) in a way that is either trying to be clever or something by using 'Why drag up...'

This is rallied with some cheerful sarcasm and subsiquently defended with 'it was just a question (yeah right!)

If the 'drag up' thing was a harmless and genuine question then why wasn't it asked in the way that was replied to later in the thread....ie. 'was just asking, as of recently people have been draggin year old posts up and i was curious as to why the same was done here'

Come on people, no facts or bad advice was asked or given in this thread so let's be kind to each other and stop trying to find something to pick away at all the time...... :friends:

bcoz as i was posting i was dashing around doing stuff, again I WAS just asking, and no mean intent was meant by what i said, all i said was, why drag up a year old thread. I mean it seems ok for others to ask the same question on other threads where this has happened, but yet when i do it, i get jumped on

I was curious as to why it was dragged up, if u dont ask, then u wont know

it wasnt me that gave the attitude so plz just leave it, ive had the worse evening u could imagine, and i didnt say what i did to start a fight, thats not the sort of person that i am :no:

the guy who recently took me for my training at RBS was a body language guru, it's really made me want to learn more...mmm

I think it happens coz at the bottom of the page when reading a post there is a list of similar topics. Sometimes Ive gone on to read these and nearly replied but fortunately realised in time. Its a very easy mistake to make. :rolleyes:

I think it happens coz at the bottom of the page when reading a post there is a list of similar topics. Sometimes Ive gone on to read these and nearly replied but fortunately realised in time. Its a very easy mistake to make. :rolleyes:

oh for god sake, i never said it was a problem

i merely just asked, as weve had loadsa threads from year ago posted on, and i wondered was all, so can we plz just drop it

why is it ok to for others to ask on other threads and be sarcastic, yet when i ask and plz note i wasnt rude or sarcastic, ppl still feel the need to be funny with me

i merely just asked, as weve had loadsa threads from year ago posted on, and i wondered was all, so can we plz just drop it

why is it ok to for others to ask on other threads and be sarcastic, yet when i ask and plz note i wasnt rude or sarcastic, ppl still feel the need to be funny with me
Wasnt having a go at you in fact I just skimmed read the post not noticing who had said what. Just wanted to point out why I think its happening and to be honest it might be a good idea if the "Similar Posts" section was removed to stop it from happening coz I like others Im sure would feel like a right twit if I ressurected an old post lol!

Wasnt having a go at you in fact I just skimmed read the post not noticing who had said what. Just wanted to point out why I think its happening and to be honest it might be a good idea if the "Similar Posts" section was removed to stop it from happening coz I like others Im sure would feel like a right twit if I ressurected an old post lol!

Lol touchy eyyy?

Even if it is a old thread, NEVER SEEN A FISH THAT WHITE :shifty:

honestly i was about to comment on this thread being a year old before all of this unfolded. I really don't think it's big deal..... I'm usually just curious as to how these topics get dug up. Obviously Phoenix did not have malicious intentions and the response to her commenting on this thread being a year old was a bit brash. Call off the dogs.... it's not really a big deal and I'm not sure why so many people are jumping at Phoenix about it.

Anyways... I LOVE WHITE BETTAS. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

honestly i was about to comment on this thread being a year old before all of this unfolded. I really don't think it's big deal..... I'm usually just curious as to how these topics get dug up. Obviously Phoenix did not have malicious intentions and the response to her commenting on this thread being a year old was a bit brash. Call off the dogs.... it's not really a big deal and I'm not sure why so many people are jumping at Phoenix about it.

Anyways... I LOVE WHITE BETTAS. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Agree.......todays a new day and a new start to wipe the slate clean :good: I know it wasn't meant the way it came across and Phoe is usually one of the first people to help us guys out when we've got problems so lets not drag things out :D :D :D

Its funny...I was on www.liveaquaria.com looking at fish and clicked on the betta section and was like WOW!!! Look at those prices!! Totally insane prices...like $90 for a betta. I see various gorgeous ones all the time at the local shops for like $4-$8. lol

I'd probably pay $8 for that fish, if I wanted a betta. It IS very pretty, but my daughter is mostly blind and she probably wouldn't be able to see it very well. Maybe with a black substrate would provide enough contrast.

K... who cares if it's a year old, who cares how someone took something b/c it's all already been explained and was just a misunderstanding. It happens all the time on the net b/c as was pointed out, you can't tell how someone meant something by looking at text... we should all know this unless there are internet noobs here which I don't think there are :D
Let's move on and drool some more at the purdy fishies.

Even though I said I'm going to only focus on 1 betta at a time now, if I came across one that looked like the one in the OP... I'd totally get it.

Im glad it was 'dragged up', though ive been keeping fish a fair while ive only recently become interested in betta's.

As to 'why' well a n00b comes along, reads something interesting, sees the 'similar topics' links below the post they are writing and jumps to that post... doesnt notice the date and puts their comment on it...

Et voila... one out of date post brought back to the top.

If its a crime or a forum no-no, then the similar topics thing should be limited to bring up topics only within a certain date range. Since that isnt the case then I would assume posting on old topics is perfectly acceptable.

Geez sorry!

I don't look at the dates. I just drift around and comment here and there.

Who cares if it's from a year ago?

Didn't know there was a rule against it.

I hope the forum police don't ban me!

clearly u have some sort of attitude, because i just asked why??!! i wasnt getting funny, i was just asking, as of recently people have been draggin year old posts up and i was curious as to why the same was done here, so quit with the sarcasm

Phoenix why are you so hostile all the damn time?
Chill out.

Geez sorry!

I don't look at the dates. I just drift around and comment here and there.

Who cares if it's from a year ago?

Didn't know there was a rule against it.

I hope the forum police don't ban me!

clearly u have some sort of attitude, because i just asked why??!! i wasnt getting funny, i was just asking, as of recently people have been draggin year old posts up and i was curious as to why the same was done here, so quit with the sarcasm

Phoenix why are you so hostile all the damn time?
Chill out.

Think its cos her motorbike has nakered up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back