Omg Cory Eggs!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Small update - bought myself a small internal filter by APS on Amazon for £7.99. I'd like a "proper" tank for them as opposed to my plastic box but I'm waiting for the right one at the right price to come up as I plan to keep shrimp in it once I'm done with the fry.

i've got red cherry shrimp in with my fry. They really help with the cleaning up of the extra food and they don't bother each other.

I wish you luck with your cory spawn! Mine spanwed today so I'll have to follow your thread so i know what to expect!

Some photos from my latest spawn for y'all to enjoy. The third photo is of some of my eggs as of tonight. There's a little dirt floating around the bottom of the bottle (not sure where it came from) and the lighting in the pic isn't great but I suspect three of the ones pictured are fertilised. In fact, the other two aren't even egg shaped any more.

Had to remove a few eggs as they'd gone fungal. I think I'm down to three now. This afternoon was the four day mark so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Great news everyone! I have fry! Three of them! :D

I know it's not many by normal breeding standards, but the first time I only had one so I'm delighted to have three this time even though I was hoping for five.

Just gotta figure out what to do with them now. Was hoping to find a "proper" tank for them tomorrow on my shopping trip. Wasn't expecting them to hatch today if I'm honest, they've caught me off guard.

wow!! So chuffed for you. I've got everything crossed they do well :)

Thanks guys. I'm so happy they hatched. Two of them don't seem as active as the first one (they take a bit more gentle prodding before they move), but hopefully they're all okay. I guess time will tell on that.

I'm in the process of setting them up in the 30L box I used for my first one which will do until I get a proper, easier to maintain tank. I might be able to get one tomorrow but didn't want to leave them in the milk carton for a day.

I bought some hornwort in my LFS today to put in with them. Apparently it grows great even under low lighting. Didn't wanna put my moss coconut cave in this time because last time it introduced a load of mess and snails.

I have bad news. Long story short, woke up in the middle of the night last night to find the filter on my fry tank had been leaking and had made a massive mess all over my floor. Was forced to hastily catch my fry and move them to a bucket with the heater and an airstone. Went out shopping today and got a proper 17L tank that came with a little filter. The filter was difficult to get going and it continues to be noisy, and in the process the water has become cloudy and there's a load of dirt on the bottom of the tank. I'd like to do a water change but I can't see any of my fry. I'd like to catch them so I can be sure I'm not going to pour them away, but I know in reality there's a chance I've already poured some away. I know at least one of them is in there but I can't find any right now.

I am so unbelievably stressed out right now. I know stressing isn't going to help but I just want to go back and do the past 24 hours over again.

Takes a while to get the hang of it, i had a few failed fry batches myself. You will find a way to make it all happen. Again, i highly recommend less fannying around, with a Superfish Aqua Flow 50, a little clearseal tank from pets at home, no heater, a spoon full of playsand as a substrate (you really don't need to use much) and a handful of xmas moss. Job done for £30 :)

Got myself a tank and a filter, although I'm still waiting for my better APS one to turn up.

Update on the fry: One alive, one dead, can't find the other one.

:(

Hope you find the other and the one alive makes it :unsure:

Your cories are happy and will spawn again. Don't get discouraged. The good thing is that with every mistake you learn a ton for next time.

Have you read DevotedtoDiscus's Breeding discus thread? it's sooooo long now, and a good example in chugging along and not quitting. :lol: :good:

Most reactions

Back