LID FOR TANK
BREEDING CAGE

And the fish:

3 SWORDTAILS
1 BLACK PHANTOM TETRA
2 GLASS CATFISH
1 GOLDEN SUCKING LOACH
:whistle: PLEASE HELP :whistle:

Would be best to say how many gallons the tank is, as we all don' no how many gallon a 3ft tank is.

No filter, about £100 pound or abit more.

o yer there is a filter its fluval plus 2

EDIT: plus all the gravek and plants and da such

Do you live in the U.K. or the U.S.?
That matters alittle bit...

Sounds like uk with the fluval filter.

Wilder said:
No filter, about £100 pound or abit more.
Seriously?! Here in Holland I wouldn't pay more than €65 for that ... which is *checks* ... £43.50 ish ... Perhaps a bit more with fish then, but no more than £50

Ofcourse, this is probably the difference because of the countries.

Sounds just like the setup I got for my dad last year (30 gallon), and I paid $100 for it. The lady threw in everything related to the tank as well ... gravel cleaner, food, test kits, everything.

brand new from a store?
i'd pay $175-$225.

used but less than 2 y.o. and no appearance issues/defects/obvious transportation issues?
i'd pay $100-150.

older set-up or potential problems/irritations?
i'd pay no more than $100 and even that might be pushing it

i think the thing that would turn me off the most is having to deal with the fish. the "sucking loach" would have to go and getting the non-livebearers in appropriately sized schools would pretty much stock the tank! i think you would have better luck if you tried rehoming the fish first and then got rid of the tank.

another thing: i personally would be inclined to spend more if the tank had a lot of nice looking plants in it. if it isn't well-planted already, go to a large chain LFS or Walmart and purchase a pack or two of Apongeton bulbs. Apongeton bulbs are maybe $3 for a pack of 5. In two weeks, every one of them should have sprouted lovely green leaves--really enhancing the look of a tank. If any of them get too tall, hold the bulb against the substrate and pull out any unwanted leaves by the stalk.

Most reactions

Back