Noob Fish Keeper

I read you used Argos Play Sand? I am using gravel at the moment but would love to change that some time in the future. Is the Argos sand safe to use? it looks really good in that tank... :)

I read you used Argos Play Sand? I am using gravel at the moment but would love to change that some time in the future. Is the Argos sand safe to use? it looks really good in that tank... :)

Hi GreenA,
Yeah I’m using Argos play sand, £2.99 a bag. I have goggled around and haven’t seen any reason why the sand wouldn’t be safe, seems alot of people are using it. I guess as the sand is made for children it needs to be at a safe standard before it's sold. I'm glad you reckon it looks good :). Cleaning it once it is in tank takes some getting use to. You have to hover your siphon over the top the sand to clean rather then shove it straight in like you do with gravel. I'm hoping my cory's will help with the cleaning up to :)

Just added a blue led strip for night light, Plan to bring this on just before mains switch off then time this to go off a hour later. Ok no more fish tank, need to leave alone now :)

6070619550_c8196b548d_b.jpg

6070620960_bd3b65f71d_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back