No Going Back Now.

WOW, that's one of the best stands I've ever seen :D

One question though, how many amp service do you have there? Don't want to go overloading circuits and risk blowing fuses, tripping breakers, or worse yet fires ;)

WOW, that's one of the best stands I've ever seen :D

One question though, how many amp service do you have there? Don't want to go overloading circuits and risk blowing fuses, tripping breakers, or worse yet fires ;)

Thanks Ski

my amp service...ummm pass :unsure: its just a normal domestic supply i guess, maybe someone from the UK could help me answer that, i think its 240v but i have to be honest and say, i know nothing about electrics, 10 way extension cables are for sale in loads of catologue's and hardware stores so i can only assume they are safe to use, but i can't say for sure, i will ask the sparky when he connects it, i defo don't want any fires :no:

Will two powerheads plus my filter outlet be enough flow? and i am still stuck with the skimmer, all i can think of is the red sea prism, any help with that?

Thanks

VictorMeldrew

Hehe, forgot, amp service is a term us American sparky's use. Still the same concept is employed over on your side of the pond. Just make sure your sparky knows that a lot of aquarium equipment (especially high-powered lighting) can draw a LOT of current. In UK terms, a single 150watt halide draws ~1amp at 220V during operation and significantly more pulsed at startup. So tell your sparky his wiring should be able to withstand large amounts of current including large inductive loads similar to an air conditioner. He'll prolly understand that :)

:shout: ITS HERE :shout:

Hi all

The tank arrived last night and i am well happy with it, it looks huge :hyper:

I just can not wait to get going with this now,its going to be really difficult waiting to get the stuff i still need to order before i get water in it.

Here it is...at last

newtank1.JPG

newtank2.JPG

looks great :good:

any ideas what your planning on keeping?

Hello Orangeshark

No still no idea really, i know its going to be a reef set-up, but i am still very undicided about the fish :rolleyes: i am hoping on getting lots of help along the way.

Thanks to you and all that have commented so far :good:

Looks very nice so far mate , well done!

Make sure that tv is mounted securely lol.

When are you going to fill it up??

Looks very nice so far mate , well done!

Make sure that tv is mounted securely lol.

When are you going to fill it up??

Hello mate, i will be filling the tank as soon as i can but i think it will be a few weeks yet, got to have the hood built and get loads of stuff yet. Notice your old fluval on the right hand side :good: will be changing the media in that aswell.

Just been out to a local garden centre to price a few things up, the live rock was about £15 a kilo and everything else was expensive too, i will not be shopping there :lol:

Just a quick update

I had my powerheads delivered today, two koralia 1’s, which I have to say I am a little disappointed with, As soon as I got them I tested them in a 10 litre bucket of water and was surprised by how gentle the flow of the water was, I have to say I was expecting a more powerful current after all it does draw in 1500l/400gl an hour, it was suggested to me that I test them in a tank rather then a small bucket, so that’s what I did.

I have filled the tank with water and am glad to say the tank is sound, no leaks, and the stand has taken the weight very well. The power heads seem to be working ok but its no way near the flow I really want, I will have to get another more powerful one when the tank is running, perhaps a koralia 4 would be better.

Since I filled the tank I decided to place and test my fluval, what a nightmare it’s a complete pain to prime up and get going, I nearly melted the starting stick thing trying to pump the water in, it stressed me right out until I got advice from people on this forum, its working now and I am very pleased with how quiet it is and the outlet kicks out loads of water. My skimmer arrives soon, I hope that’s not going to cause me stress as well, I went for the underworld hang on skimmer which they say is good enough for 100gl, I have also ordered the tube extension kit for tanks that have a brace of more than 1” (mine is about 3”) should fit ok. It was a huge problem finding one that would.

I have also installed two double plug sockets behind the stand which I have easy access to from the doors, they just need to be connected to the fuse box and that’s that sorted. I am aslo going to get two 300w heaters tomorrow.

Thanks

VictorMeldrew

WOW just came across your journal, your tank and stand are amazing :good:

I shall be following this with interest, I am a newbie had my nano running for about a month now, and my stress level have hit the roof many times even with a small 128l tank, so a stress management course might be on the cards for you LOL :crazy:

your tank is 72 x 18 x 18 which makes it 382 litres yes?

if you are intending to keep corals you are goin to need 30 x turnover which means you would need 11,460 l/h in your powerheads, so you are going to need more powerful powerheads

and if thats what your intending sorry for the lecture :lol:

First off The tank and stand combo looks bloody amazing, I'm well impressed with that. Sure will look the dogs naggers when filled with rock and corals. What is your propose lighting pendant MH.
As for the Koralia pumps, perhaps you should have gone for a couple of the newer Koralia Magnums
http://www.reeframblings.co.uk/2008/08/04/...culation-pumps/
Will be keeping a close eye on this one, Well done so far
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

Back