Nitrite Crisis In Cycling Tank - Now Under Control - I Think !

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Day 34: Tested 7am still on 0's.......definitely looking like a confirmation that those neon corals give off nitrite in my tank after a few days.......very odd..........will see how the tests go over the next day or two, if it stays on 0's then its the neon coral......

Day 35: Tested 7am both on 0's......yes I think we can now safely say the neon corals do give off something that causes nitrite spikes.........tank seems really stable now its out of there, no, off to find some nice silk plants for my boy.

I am glad to hear that you figured out your nitrite source. Congratulations on a tough sleuthing job well done.

I am glad to hear that you figured out your nitrite source. Congratulations on a tough sleuthing job well done.

Thanks, was a real pain, I did suspect these plants before but dismissed them thinking aquatic decor designed for the job couldn't do it, obviously they can. They were from a known brand too, even said 'safe for all aquariums' on the packet lol yeah, sure they are...... Maybe a mature aquarium could cope with whatever it is they give off, but not a new just cycled one.

Anyway, they are out now, Im off to buy some nice soft silk plants for him and his tail should now recover in undisturbed, fully cycled bliss :good:

Most reactions

Back