Ngā Reo O Aotearoa (Voices Of Aotearoa)

I think I agree with you both re the 1st idea looking better just for interests sake I went back to the 1st one but flipped only the piece sticking out of the triangle. Not sure about this might just go back to No1 lol the island idea is appealing somewhat.

dscf1506r.jpg

Not quite centred and rocks would need adjusting but heres another idea

dscf1508g.jpg

Like the wood placement a lot, the rocks don't balance it. I'd smash some rocks. Make smaller pieces. All the rocks are too similar in size right now. If you make some different sizes, it'll look more natural. Make some rocks rubble, other rocks smaller. Look at Andy's rocks (man this sounds terrible right now). He's got little rocks, big rocks, rubble rocks, etc. No riverbed or streams have feature rocks of similar sizes. I know, it'll be hard to smash your own rocks. :hey:

Getting better at playing with both woods and rocks, though. Taking some lessons from Ian, eh?

Not quite centred and rocks would need adjusting but heres another idea

dscf1508g.jpg

Like the wood placement a lot, the rocks don't balance it. I'd smash some rocks. Make smaller pieces. All the rocks are too similar in size right now. If you make some different sizes, it'll look more natural. Make some rocks rubble, other rocks smaller. Look at Andy's rocks (man this sounds terrible right now). He's got little rocks, big rocks, rubble rocks, etc. No riverbed or streams have feature rocks of similar sizes. I know, it'll be hard to smash your own rocks. :hey:

Getting better at playing with both woods and rocks, though. Taking some lessons from Ian, eh?
Agree. This is definitely the best so far though :good: :D am enjoying watching your progress!

+11, will fit out the tank better, get smashing!

that looks the biz now!

i can see this as a 'nature style' aquarium, and planted right, will look stunning. Well done mate! :good:

Thats really getting there. What i would do i leave what you have and try get some more big bits of rock and smash them all up into tinny little bits to fill in the gaps.and then plant cripts and chain swards inbetween.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You've found a winner there :)

Don't worry too much about the gaps in the rocks. Plants will blend this and also plant 'within' the roots as that will blend the fact there aren't any rocks in the bottom.

Definately one to forget the golden thirds etc rule. dead centre island scape all the way with this one.

Also remember once you put this on a sloped substrate instead of a nice flat hard table you may find it already blends in a little better :)

Well done

Andy

Was my idea to smash the rocks. I'm genius... I need to be paid... :lol:

It's getting there. :good:

When you win AGA or ADA or whatnot, you tell them that llj made you smash your rocks. LOLOLOL

Here it is as it stands few things to note however :hey:

1) Almost none of the rock is back in its now 02:07 and im going to bed ;p
2) The rock in the middle is juts keeping it in place atm it will come out.
3) The wood still needs slight movement to get it exactly how it was but its close
4) Yes I know I have flame moss on the wood and on the tips I want it to look like its collected debris blow accross it (Mr Amano is prob weeping in his wasabe but meh :blush:)

And finally 5) The substrate is not scaped YET the wood setup is tied onto a nice heavy bit of slate which will be burried in the manado so it is unseen i can lift it out as a whole item for scaping the island underneath.

dscf1520b.jpg

Looking good :good: stunning island scape there

Most reactions

Back