Newbie's Goldfish Died. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapanb

Reaction score
Hi,

I am newbie with fishes and just started this hobby 3 days ago. I need serious help.

I bought a fishing bowl 3 days ago with 4 fishes in it. The shopkeeper told me to feed them 10 pieces of fish food (which are tiny red/green "." type thing) only once a day. I did that.

I had a gold fish, a red/black fish and 2 black fishes. But today suddenly the gold fish died. I am assuming that it died becuase of the less feed but i am a newbie and i am not sure.

I confirmed several times with shopkeeper and he told me that i have to give them only 10 pieces of fish food only and no more.

The rest of the 3 fishes are still alive and they seems to be looking fine. The shopkeeper also gave me anti-ich and anti-chlorine too. Can i know all the possible reasons why the fish died ? I yesterday changed the water and did exactly what shopkeeper told me to. I replaced the water with stale water (as told by shopkeeper) and put 3 drops of anti-ich and 2 drops of anti-chlorine.

Then i took the fish out of old water and put them in the new one and they were quite okay till today evening. But due to unknown reason the gold fish died. Today also i gave them 10 pieces of tiny fish food.
I also have a air pump in the bowl which keep on making bubbles. Please help me save my other fishes. :-(

Thanks.

common goldfish need 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 for every additional fish, fancy goldfish need half that.
either way 4 fish in a bowl (wich has been banned in Italy for being cruel) is way overstocked.

Goldfish also need a filter so that nitrifying bacteria can break down their waste and keep the water safe. not toxic as it proberbly is right now.

I suggest that you find a LFS that is interested in the wealfare of fish and not one that will sell you anything and everything.

My advice for you is one take the fish back and get a refund, then research nitrogen cycle on this forum and start again.

Not to sound like an ass or anything but dont take the fish back for there sake i know there only fish but dont put them somewhere where they will be ill treated and sold to anyone.

Not to sound like an ass or anything but dont take the fish back for there sake i know there only fish but dont put them somewhere where they will be ill treated and sold to anyone.

....................................... :huh:

anyway i would do exactly what was advised by The-Wolf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back