New to the forum

Well I have 24 schooling fish now, so ideally want a bit of variation. (Not another group of 12) Both the the groups I have a the minutes are sort of all over the tank (I wouldn’t say they have been on the bottom as such)

I

Well I have 24 schooling fish now, so ideally want a bit of variation. (Not another group of 12) Both the the groups I have a the minutes are sort of all over the tank (I wouldn’t say they have been on the bottom as such)

I

When they are settled in, they tend to occupy fairly specific levels. I have never known rummynose, and I have had this species for 20+ years, to swim above mid-tank except at feeding time.

but just to be clear… out of that list of 25 fish I gave… which ones can actually go in my tank?

There seems to be so much variety but I can have 95% of them

but just to be clear… out of that list of 25 fish I gave… which ones can actually go in my tank?

There seems to be so much variety but I can have 95% of them

This was answered by captain and essjay on the last page. Most of the fish have issues.

Just thought of african butterfly cichlid, if I'm not mistaken you could have a little group of these but someone will have to confirm if you're interested....

Out of the list you gave, you could go for corydoras and the dwarf gourami...but like mentioned before, they're likely to be carrying disease. Its up to you whether you want to risk getting them.

If this was my tank I would definitely be putting a dwarf cichlid in there! You won't regret it 😉

Also, just out of interest… a few people have said it’s good I have the soft water. However it seems to be the more colourful/more options of fish are hard water

Also, just out of interest… a few people have said it’s good I have the soft water. However it seems to be the more colourful/more options of fish are hard water
Um, excuse me....
Screenshot2022-11-24130934.jpg

Look at this fine specimen?!

And what about this one?? 😍
Agassizs-Dwarf-Cichlid-Apistogramma-agassizii.jpg

If only I have soft water 😭

Sorry everyone, I really hope I’m not coming across as grumpy. I’m just struggling with how anyone can keep any of the fish with all the issue. I’m starting to realise that what seems to be more of the thing is that it’s about finding which fish can go with which fish.

Yes that’s a brilliant fish! That one will definitely be on the list.

How many are good together?

CaptainBarnicle's photos are cockatoo cichlid (male) Apistogramma cacatuoides, and the second is also a male apistogramma, possibly agassizzi?

With these fish, I'd get 1 male and 1 female. These two have different varieties with names like double red, triple red, fire and so on. It's the males that have different appearances, females are all yellow. They would need at least one cave, I think you bought decor with holes into the inside? These are caves to fish.

The fish in the photos are both Apistogramma, the top is cacatuoides and the bottom is aggassizzi 👍🏻 if you wanted one of these, choose either a male on his own or a pair (husband and wife, so to speak). I wouldn't put more than 1 species in together because I don't think the tank is big enough. They are territorial and more than one male can pick on each other...if you're fortunate enough, a pair will breed quite readily for you.

Get some corydoras, they're a comical little fish and fun to watch.

Plecos, especially the fancy ones are pricey. They need some kind of wood in their diet, they would usually get that from having some bog wood in the tank as part of the hardscape. They're also especially elusive, they do hide a lot so you may not ever see it much....plus they're disgusting, detestable monsters that poop more than what's reasonable 🤢 (that last bit is just my humble opinion)

Most reactions

Back