New Tank

nathpolo

Reaction score
okay so i went to my lfs today and seen the male betta's they look so beautiful. So i came home and went on to ebay and have just won my betta tank :) 60l so i was thinking what fish are best with them? any suggestions thank's

I put some otocinclus in a tank with my betta and they seem to be doing great. i am adding some platys today, I'll tell you how it goes!

small freshwater community fish that dont have colorful long flowing fins so you can get neon tetras but guppies are not the best choice for bettas or maybe endlers small tetras not sarpaes and also platys would work aout and mollies as long as they dont have long fins and are female

OMG just been on betta boys the one's on there are so amazing!!! dont no what one to have :) the otocinclus do look nice do they have to be a schools like neons?

Bettaboys are the best. I just got my 4 today from them and they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

otos do best in larger more mature tanks with a consant supply of algae, there very difficult to get onto food.

60l is a good size, a few options for tank mates :good:

should you choose to have sand substrate Cories are great little fish and 99% of the time fine with bettas.

A shoal of neons should also work, i have a group with my females and my partner has a group with his male :good:

I have sand in my 2 tanks now thinking of going for a nice black gravel in this one or a carpet effect. what do you guys think? Do you think 2kg will be a nuff gravel if i go for it. and then heavily planted. marieukxx you got 4 you will have to put some photos up so i can see them. Im thinking of going for a shola of neons about 10 will be nice.

i agree 10 neons would be good, a small pleco maybe then you betta :good:

I'm picking up 5 from them tomorrow as i live a street away from where there based :look: plenty of pics to be added

A street away not good i would always be there lol can not what to see the pics. five where do you keep them all? A pleco is a no go i do not like them they get to big.

not all of them get big, theres plenty small enough for your tank and very pretty ones too. if your not keen on plecos a group of Pygmy or Dwarf cories would work to, as well as a group of Kuhli Loach :good:

This is my 2nd lot from them, 4 female and a male. the females all live in my 3ft tank, and the males live in a divided 2ft 60l ;)

hi nathpolo. I have black sand and a black gravel mixyure in my tank, with plenty of greenery and it looks great. I will warn you, it is expensive though. I bought a sack and it cost 18 quid, plus cleaning it can take all day so the water runs clear when you finished. I take a jug full of sand and rinse in a bucket of water. then empty water out and re fill....about 5 times per jugfull...pain in the bum, but the look is so effective,

be75939e.jpg

Dwarf cories look nice think i will go with them how many do you think i will need? lilfishie so how many betta do you have then? lol Hey LilyRose the tank looks great! been looking on ebay and it's not that expensive on there looking at you tank think it will have to be the gravel :)

if your wanting cories sand is best for them especially dwarfs. Childs playsand from Argos/Tesco is perfect and very cheap, a bag will be plenty for your 60l :good:

I have too many to count :lol: 7 males (8 tomorrow) 16 females? (+ 4 tomorrow but that doesn't sound enough :unsure: think i've missed a few)

Most reactions

Back