New Tank Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the looks of the ones dan has, they look very dull and have lapish features. I'd rather go with wildwoods as even though there more expensive their poly's are the best quality in the uk imo.

I don't like the looks of the ones dan has, they look very dull and have lapish features. I'd rather go with wildwoods as even though there more expensive their poly's are the best quality in the uk imo.
Nice find, theyre wild caught to from there, might get one orderd myself next month if theyre still there.

Nice endyi i like them to but my rays also like them more than me i think my p14 have ate about4 polys in the past never had any other rays eat them just the p14

i hope to see some update pics of the tank this weekend :good:

Build is getting there buddy!

For the Spotted Gars, make sure they are true spotted and not florida before you pay for them. In Europe and US 90% of "spotteds" are actually Florida Gars.
Get a picture before you buy and I can confirm for you.

Nice job with the Endli, and totally reccomend "Congicus". My fave of all my Polys. Mine is a "Royal Tiger Congicus" and is very quickly becoming a beast!

Will hopefully be getting a couple of P. Bichir Bichir next weekend. The rarest of all Polypterus, and possibly the biggest! They have been bred here in Japan now, you should look into importing one of those beasts! I could hook you up with an exporter.

Keep us updated wioth pics dude, It's exciting stuff huh!

boy oh boy... how green with envy am i!! cant waitto see this progress, your dad and you are doing a fine job
good.gif

I've lost a fair few fish after a water change so have brought myself a HMA filter that i will be able to change my water at least once a day automaitcally (also means when i go on holiday i dont have to wurry about water changes if i do goaway for a week or two)
I'm putting an overflow into the sump and having the hma filter into the tank. hma filters go's into the tank, water lvels rise and go over the overflow in the sump down into the drain. will be changing minimum of 1k litres a day.

Been slow progress on this and its doing my nut in, basically had to wait ages for glass to turn up, well it turned on tuesday but my parents are away until tomorrow so have not been able to get it fitted.

Once thats done i need to get the hole cut into the side of the tank for the overflows and get the pipes going into sump fitted.

After loosing a lot of fish (£700+ worth) i am starting to buy some of it back, i have some ray's coming next thursday/friday of T1Karmann and a Datnoides Campbelli, polypterus congicus and possibly a Cichla monoculus however not sure on the size of the cichla so will probs grow in the smaller 4ft tank to grow out.

I'll post some pics later on in the week of the build as hopefully should nearly be done then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back