New Stuff - Pics

BOD

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I spent roughly £400 last night on the net for my new fishy tank :)

I bought to get me up and running!

heater
2 powerheads
salt
hydrometer
ro unit
aracdia t5 luminaire
10Kgs of live rock

:hyper:

I just want it all to come now so i can start setting it up yay!

I know i have a few things to get yet....but at the moment they can wait....

or have i missed something major?

I just want it all to come now so i can start setting it up yay!

I know i have a few things to get yet....but at the moment they can wait....

or have i missed something major?

Maybe a protein skimmer?

That is pretty important

mmm yea..i dont need it straight away thou i mean im not putting any fish in there till august at the earliest....

mmm yea..i dont need it straight away thou i mean im not putting any fish in there till august at the earliest....
I dont know much about this hobby yet, but a protein skimmer is so important!!! it costs me alot of money in dead fish!

But if im not putting anything in there I dont need it just yet..... thats all im saying....plus anyways for some small tanks Ive told you dont need a protein skimmer.

A skimmer is not deemed as necessary on a smaller tank as water changes do not cost as much. Onlarger tanks water changes become very expenisve and as such are (ideally) kept to a minimum. It's cheaper to remove the cup on the skimmer than to change 40 gallons of SW.

IT also dpends on the type of tank. Some reef tanks do better with smaller (or no) skimmer. FOWLR really does need a skimemr to get rid of the waste.

I spent roughly £400 last night

so just a little shopping trip then :lol:

I dont even bother telling her indoors what I spend nowadays - she thinks that my latest couple of SPS cost me a 10.00 for the 3 :rolleyes: :wub: if only she knew :shout:

I be :rip:

haha....yea i thought might as well just get most of it out the way no point trying to spread the cost out..just blow it in one go lol!!! :X

Think of the clothes i could have bought :shout:

Well whilst we are on the protein skimmer subject i was thinking og getting a red sea prizm skimmer. good or not?

Meh, they're middle of the road. They function pretty well, but many reviews I've read on them say that they dont pull all that much gunk.

the prizm skimmer worked awesome for me.

I got the deluxe model and i love it. I read so much reviews about it being loud and not pulling that much stuff out but to me it was so quiet and got a lot of stuff out. Tank looks nice and clean everyday now. I'm using it on a 55G, so i think it would do even better on a 35G.

Just my 2cent

Most reactions

Back