New Salty: My 29

My cleaner shrimp died to ich, I wouldn't recommend adding anything for 3 weeks unless its coral. Corals are unaffected by ich. No more fish for awhile though. Stress is a big causer to ich. I'd suggest you do your homework on ich in your sphare time on vacation so you can treat it properly and decide if it is ich. Best of luck to you man. I'm off to bed.

Please go read about it Jared. You need to just read read and read about articles describing what ich is and how to properly cure it and deal with it in your aquarium or quarantine. Asking other people may not be the best option. I certainly do not have the personal experience to tell you how to exactly treat it.

It does start on the dorsal fins (front lower) typically and progresses over the fish. Once you have properly assessed if it is indeed ich, you need to again read on what is the best treatment for your particular aquarium. There are lots of ways to do it. You need to made an educated decision on the best route for your tank by reading multiple articles on how to treat it :/

Best of luck, let us know how it goes and post some photos of the ich if you get a chance

-Tyler

This is the supposed ich, about 1mm-1mm big:

Right behind the pectoral fins
IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

What is this???? Eggs????

IMG_5265.jpg

My Zoas are now open with a new polyp

IMG_5271.jpg

I will be getting Kent Marine's Garlic Extreme to soak food and add to DT. Also will be trying Kordon's Ich Attack, and Chem-Marin's Stop Parasites, both "reef-safe"

I'd watch it closely for a couple days and see what happens with it before you go dosing your tank with anything. I have never dosed my tank with anything, nor do I want to. The salt should provide everything needed for my tank and inverts besides food for fish.. I don't have huge sps soaking up all the calcium or anything to have to dose that either.

-Tyler

The thing is I think it has had this since we got is a few weeks ago, YWG dosen't appear to have any spots, Ich?

It doesn't look like ich to me. I'd just let it sit for a few days to a week and if more white spots show up you can then take a course of treatment. I personally don't use medications for treating ich, that would be the last thing I would consider.

Thanks guys :good: I may be getting an AC 70 to do a refugium soon.

I do not believe the angel has ich because I saw the same spot on him about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't gotten bigger or multiplied :huh:

Yesterday, on Amazon, I ordered an Aquaclear 70 for $40 and free 2-day shipping. Great deal :yahoo: I will be doing the refugium mod for it, perhaps a tutorial on Chit-Chat with lots of pics. I chose the 70 mainly because it would fit behind my tank and I can swap the impeller for a 30 impeller.

I will do pics when everything arrives (tomorrow), I didn't just get a filter :shifty:

You got the 70!? Why not the 110? I have it and its awesome! Tons of fuge space and generates lots of flow. The 110 on Amazon was only 60$, with free shipping. The 70 will work well too, of coarse.:)

I picked it because I could change the impeller and the 110 wouldn't fit behind my tank but it could on the side and that would be ugly.

Would this work as a purple color addative to my tank? It would would not be used to get more light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-12-Purplish-Pink-15-SMD-Flexible-Waterproof-Adhesive-Car-LED-Strip-Lights-/170888204058?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c9bb0f1a&vxp=mtr

Would this work as a fuge light under the cover of the AC?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Fish-Tank-WHITE-6500K-Lighting-LED-Strip-100-Lumens-Ft-Salt-Water-Reef-/270975018457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f175ea5d9

I would purchase a 8k LED magenta stunner strip. They are 50 bucks for the light and 25 bucks for the power supply. I currently have one and they can be virtually installed anywhere. I would personally install it in the reflector part of your main light. Make sure not to run any light for more than 10 hours that you purchase. If you want a main light light to do that, then I would just purchase new bulbs. Best of luck. I cant comment on the car LED.

Thx look at my Chit-Chat post :unsure: Somethings goin on :look:

Ah i see. I have to move my tank out a little to get it fit, but that dosent bother me.

Most reactions

Back