I have revised my fish list:

YWG
Flame angel
Percula maybe but prob not 2
Clown Goby-green, black, citron, yellow
Firefish/ Dartfish
Cardinal maybe 2/ Flashers wrasse

Opinions, comments??

Im pretty sure im getting a clown goby. I think i want green, but im not sure.

Nothin much happenin', I got a leftover MJ1200 in my tank for about 23x turnover, lots of annoying microbubbles, The corals and I have to get used to the new flow, it looks to strong

My angel may have ich :shout: Maybe that's the reason it hasn't been eating or swimming around. It has like a white vertical line behind his fin, I will be on vacation for 3-4 days, when I come back what should I do??

It is hard to get a good look at the angel because it's afraid of me and really fast. Ich or not?

The white line isn't that big maybe 1-2mm tall

Are there any inverts such as shrimp or crabs (not hermits)? If not I would treat with a reef safe medication. Other methods include raising temp to 85 and up (which will most likely kill off snails and other things). Raising salinity to the 1.026-1.028 range. And treating with garlic. All methods are gonna have drawbacks and i'd find the method that suits your tank the best.

I will get garlic and possibly a kordon brand ich med that is reef safe, sure its ich? Normally keep temp at 80

I will get garlic and possibly a kordon brand ich med that is reef safe, sure its ich? Normally keep temp at 80

NO IM NOT SURE, I was going off what you said. If it is ich I would choose a treatment according to your tank. If you come back from your vacation and it is ich I would treat accordingly. You will know if it is or if it isn't when you come back.

NO IM NOT SURE, I was going off what you said. If it is ich I would choose a treatment according to your tank. If you come back from your vacation and it is ich I would treat accordingly. You will know if it is or if it isn't when you come back.

Go look at pictures of ich on the web and you will find plenty of things for comparison. A text-based description of a fish's description is rarely, if ever, sufficient to diagnose an illness.

Don't add ich meds to a tank with inverts. There are really only two outcomes: either the meds are invert safe and do not help the fish or the meds help the fish while killing the inverts. The problem is that chemicals that are certain to be effective against ich are also harmful to many other inverts, so meds that advertise effectiveness while being invert safe are almost certainly telling a fib somewhere in their claims. The only reason I say "almost" is because I can't discount the possibility that somebody will develop a miracle drug one day that is also invert safe, but, to my knowledge, no such thing exists in the trade right now.

Thx how will I know? I might be on the forums but not be able to check on my tank, first time being away from my fish+corals :crazy:

Get someone to check on the tank for you, or take a pic and send to you of the fish, or just wait and see.

Have my friend, ran him through the care of the tank. Would a cleaner shrimp help? Will get kent garlic extreme to soak my mysis everynight after vacation

Most reactions

Back