New Filter 2028 Or Other Eheim ?

1 called and a lot say with media ,that makes u think it all the media.
called one and asked and they said no its only one media, they cant afford to give it all.
so its a matter of checking them all out grrrrr.
funny enough it was warehose aquatics i called.
I'd try find someone thats ordered from them and ask them. Alternatively, drop the shop an e-mail of phone call to ask if the filter is supplied with all required media :good:

I contacted both Warehouse Aquatics and Charterhouse Aquatics to ask what media their "Eheims with media" come with. They both emailed that it's the standard media pack ("Eheim Filter Media Set").

So is there required media beyond that supplied in this pack?

so there answer wasnt really an answer.
well i was told it was some media but not all. so as i say its confusing.

Yes, I found the real story on included media to be confusing re eheim. When I got my new Pro 2222 model it came with all the media, every bit. It had plenty of ceramic rings for the bottom tray, plenty of ceramic gravel for the upper tray and the blue coarse sponge and white floss-like pad. But its not at all clear that they always do that and so it will probably come down to checking. I ordered more pads and other accessories from their online parts site in the US and the box was at my door the next morning.

By the way, looking at your thread here it sounds to me like you're making the right choice. The Pro series would probably be too small and I'd guess the 2028 will probably be perfect for you. I'd guess that you'll want to be patient and let the filter box fully fill with water before you turn the pump on, as it will be a bigger box and a bit longer fill than you've been used to before perhaps. Mine is an awesome piece of equipment. have to check the spraybar to know that its working, can't even feel any vibration sometimes, touching the unit, much less even a hint of sound.

Its a good habit to lube the main o-ring and the two little o-rings on the input/output block when you do your monthly clean (or perhaps less often with a big one like that, lol). I'm still curious myself about whether one should pull out the impeller and shaft and do some sort of regular inspection/maintenance. Do any of you guys know? I may try to chat with them sometime about that. All I do now is make sure I clean the impeller area.

~~waterdrop~~

Yes, I found the real story on included media to be confusing re eheim. When I got my new Pro 2222 model it came with all the media, every bit. It had plenty of ceramic rings for the bottom tray, plenty of ceramic gravel for the upper tray and the blue coarse sponge and white floss-like pad. But its not at all clear that they always do that and so it will probably come down to checking. I ordered more pads and other accessories from their online parts site in the US and the box was at my door the next morning.

By the way, looking at your thread here it sounds to me like you're making the right choice. The Pro series would probably be too small and I'd guess the 2028 will probably be perfect for you. I'd guess that you'll want to be patient and let the filter box fully fill with water before you turn the pump on, as it will be a bigger box and a bit longer fill than you've been used to before perhaps. Mine is an awesome piece of equipment. have to check the spraybar to know that its working, can't even feel any vibration sometimes, touching the unit, much less even a hint of sound.

Its a good habit to lube the main o-ring and the two little o-rings on the input/output block when you do your monthly clean (or perhaps less often with a big one like that, lol). I'm still curious myself about whether one should pull out the impeller and shaft and do some sort of regular inspection/maintenance. Do any of you guys know? I may try to chat with them sometime about that. All I do now is make sure I clean the impeller area.

~~waterdrop~~

thanks mate
iam actulally having troble getting an 2028 in the UK there seems to be a shortage and romours that the 2028 is being discontinued.

They should be readily available, both on-line or in-store. A local shop not getting them in is likely messing about as there is little profit in Eheims, so they'd rather you bought a Fluval or something like that where they get a Discount and can charge you full wack to make a considerably larger amount of profit...

On-line, there are many dealerships that stock them. I'm sure a few Eheim fans will be about to make their recommendations shortly re. suppliers. I sincerely hope they aren't cancelling the Pro2's, as they are proven reliable and easiest to use, unlike the Pro3's that are un-proven or the Pro1's that are more tricky to work without a primer...

All the best
Rabbut

I've been after an Eheim filter and have been told by an official importer that the ProII's are discontinued and are being replaced by the Pro III's. Not all Pro III's are electronic either (as suggested by a post further up) there is the Pro IIIe series.

Most reactions

Back