New betta tank

Trying to be patient with this carpet mat. If this Java moss isn't greener in two months or so, I'll probably give up on it. and take it out. The bacopa monnieri isn't thriving either. So maybe I'll try some dwarf sag in place of the moneywort.

He's still surprisingly difficult to get a good picture of.
1722259470563.png

I changed his name. His new name is Dandy Chiggins. I realized that since I have another fish I named Tony Gunk, I wanted to keep that theme going. He's doing well. Super active. I purposely chose a short finned betta as opposed to one of the ones with long flowy fins for that reason. He's still a little on the thin side but I've stopped feeding him extra meals. He'll catch up. I think wingless fruit flies are his favorite. He is absolutely vicious with them. He goes at them so hard that I'm surprised he doesn't come flying out of the water like one of those great white sharks on Shark Week.

He built a bubble nest. I know that's not a definitive sign of happiness. But I'm taking it as a good sign. I'm going to try to preserve it during water changes. Maybe I'll put it in a bowl while I do water changes.

Most reactions

Back